The San Francisco 49ers take on the Saints in New Orleans in NFL Week 14. The featured battle on Sunday could determine who gets home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. The New Orleans Saints beat Atlanta on Thanksgiving to win the NFC South. Will the Saints overtake the 49ers for the 1-seed in the NFC? Or, will the Niners solidify their first seed position? Keep reading for the NFL odds, analysis and a free pick for Saints vs 49ers!
49ers vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread, Betting Preview & Expert Pick
- When: Sunday, Dec.8 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, New Orleans, LA
- TV: FOX
- ATS Odds: Saints -2 ½
- Over/Under Total Odds: 44
- Partly Cloudy: 22°C/71°F
- Humidity: 72%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Wind: 7 mph S
- Cloud Cover: 52%
- Type of Stadium: Indoor
Why the San Francisco 49ers are a good bet +2 ½?
The Ravens beat San Francisco 20-17 in Week 13 but the 49ers played well. San Francisco held the highest-scoring teams in the NFL to only 20 points. The 49ers are the second highest-scoring team in the NFL at 29.1 points per game. San Francisco should pressure Drew Brees in this. If that happens, SF could upset New Orleans on the moneyline.
- Total Yards: 378
- Passing Yards: 230
- Rushing Yards: 148
- Points Scored: 29.1
- Total Yards: 250.9
- Passing Yards: 134.2
- Rushing Yards: 116.7
- Points Allowed: 15.2
Why the New Orleans Saints are a good bet -2 ½?
Since losing to Atlanta on Nov. 10, the Saints have won 3 straight. They beat Tampa Bay 34-17. The Saints took down Carolina 34-31. In their last, they gained revenge over the Falcons 26-18. New Orleans can beat you in many different ways. On Sunday, they will use a strong rushing attack to control the line of scrimmage. If things work out as planned, they should beat San Francisco by at least 3 points.
- Total Yards: 361.4
- Passing Yards: 254.1
- Rushing Yards: 107.3
- Points Scored: 24.8
- Total Yards: 323.5
- Passing Yards: 234.9
- Rushing Yards: 88.6
- Points Allowed: 20.7
NFL Week 14 Betting Trends for 49ers vs Saints
- 49ers are 4-1 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- San Francisco is 6-13-1 ATS in their last 20 vs. the NFC
- The total went OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 6 games
- Saints are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games
- New Orleans is 3-7 ATS in their last 10 home games
- The total went UNDER in 4 of New Orleans’ last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC West division
49ers vs Saints Final NFL Betting Analysis
The San Francisco 49ers are a top squad but they have a disadvantage against the Saints. As well as Niners’ quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo has played this season, he’s struggled against top defensive lines.
The Saints rank 4th in sacks per game with 3.3. But New Orleans has averaged 5 sacks per game in their last 3. San Francisco will try to rush the football. They’ll face a Saints’ brick wall that allows 88.3 rushing yards per.
Most believe New Orleans wins with their offense. That’s not the case this season. The Saints have played in 6 under games. No matter what style San Francisco plays on Sunday, New Orleans can match it. Expect Sean Payton to put together an offensive strategy that keeps the ball in the Saints’ possession. The defense will pressure Garoppolo all day. Saints win and cover.
NFL Free Pick: New Orleans Saints -3
More NFL Week 14 Betting News
- Giants vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Titans vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Expert Prediction
- Redskins vs Packers 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Game Info & Betting Pick
- Bengals vs Browns 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Seahawks vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- 49ers vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread, Betting Preview & Expert Pick
- Chiefs vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread, Game Info & Betting Preview
- NFL Picks Week 14 (Ep. 761)
- Broncos vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 14 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Lions vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- Steelers vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Dolphins vs Jets 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Colts vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Week 14 Daily Fantasy Football Picks (Ep. 759)