With each passing week in the NFL, the list of unbeaten teams has a way of getting smaller and smaller. While there does seem to be a distinct separation between the teams at the top and those at the bottom, there is still a decent level of parity in this league. Teams who have started out slow might still find a way to turn things around, while those who have come storming out the gate may end up cooling off a little. We are definitely going to see some fortunes reversed this season, as we will see some undefeated teams go head to head, as well as some winless teams also squaring off.
One of the games featuring the undefeated teams will see the Kansas City Chiefs head on the road to face the Detroit Lions. While the Chiefs have won all 3 of their games, the Lions have a pair of wins an opening week tie to their name. This is one of the better games on the schedule this coming Sunday, with the Chiefs going on the road as a 7-point favorite. The point total for this one has been set at 54 points.
Chiefs vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- When: Sunday, September 29 at 1 PM EST
- Where: Ford Field, Detroit
- TV: FOX
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- Radio: SiriusXM
- NFL Odds: Kansas City Chiefs -7 (Total 54)
- Partly Cloudy: 22°C/71°F
- Humidity: 76%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Cloud Cover: 67%
- Wind: 10 mph E
- Stadium Type: Indoor
Why bet on the Kansas City Chiefs?
The Kansas City Chiefs have been in and around the playoffs for a few years now, but they finally became a legitimate Super Bowl threat last season with Patrick Mahomes under center. The young QB does not look as though a sophomore slump is going to be an issue, though, tossing for over 1,100 yards and 10 TD’s through the opening 3 weeks of the season.
Not only are the Chiefs picking up wins, they have also been a fantastic bet against the spread, covering in all 3 games played this season. They have had similar success versus Detroit over the years, going 5-2 SU and 6-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings with the Lions. On the downside, the Chiefs are just 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games versus NFC teams.
- Points per Game: 34.00
- Passing Yards: 405.50
- Rushing Yards: 72.00
- Yards per Play: 7.46
- Points per Game: 18.00
- Passing Yards: 262.50
- Rushing Yards: 105.00
- Yards per Play: 6.68
Why bet on the Detroit Lions?
The Detroit Lions are perhaps a little unfortunate not to be sitting with a perfect record coming into this week. They looked to be cruising to victory in Week 1 against the Arizona Cardinals, but they fell apart in the 4th quarter of that one, ending the game with a 27-27 tie.
Things have gone much better since then, though, with the Lions registering back to back wins in games that they started as an underdog. They are now 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games and have gone 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings with teams from the AFC. They have also gone 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games played in September. Straight up, though, they are 5-12 in their last 17 games as an underdog.
- Points per Game: 20.00
- Passing Yards: 303.00
- Rushing Yards: 105.00
- Yards per Play: 5.91
- Points per Game: 18.50
- Passing Yards: 281.00
- Rushing Yards: 124.80
- Yards per Play: 5.63
Chiefs vs Lions NFL Week 4 Betting Trends
- Kansas City are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Detroit
- Kansas City are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas City’s last 7 games against an opponent in the NFC North division
- Detroit are 5-12 SU in their last 17 games when playing as the underdog
- Detroit are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games played in September
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Detroit’s last 6 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Chiefs vs Lions
While I certainly like the Kansas City Chiefs to keep their unbeaten streak alive this Sunday, the Lions have a habit of sticking around in games. With that in mind, I am taking the Chiefs to win and the Lions to cover the spread.
Score:Kansas City Chiefs 30 – Detroit Lions 24
More NFL Week 5 Betting News
- Bengals vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 4 Spread & Monday Night Pick
- Cowboys vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 4 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- Jaguars vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Chiefs vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Seahawks vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 4 Lines, Game Preview & Analysis
- Vikings vs Bears 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Game Info & Betting Pick
- Redskins vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 4 Spread & Game Analysis
- Titans vs Falcons 2019 NFL Week 4 Lines, Preview & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Game Preview and Expert Pick
- Patriots vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 4 Spread, Game Info and Betting Prediction
- Browns vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 4 Lines, Analysis and Prediction
- 2019 NFL Week 4 Parlay Betting Picks
- Panthers vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Preview and Pick
- 2019 NFL Week 4 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game