The New York Giants (5-10) will fight to halt their three-game losing streak as they are 2.5-point underdogs against the Dallas Cowboys (6-9) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at MetLife Stadium. The game’s point total is set at 45.0.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: East Rutherford, NJ
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Cowboys Betting Insights
- Dallas is just 5-10 against the spread.
- The Cowboys are just 1-4 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Dallas’ games have hit the over in nine out of 15 opportunities this season (60%).
- The Cowboys average points scored this season (25.1) and the Giants points allowed (22.5) are within 2.6 points of each other.
- In games where Dallas score at least 25.1 points this season, they are 6-2 overall and 4-4 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 22.5 points or fewer this year, the Giants have accumulated a 5-4 overall record and a 6-3 record against the spread.
Giants Betting Insights
- Just 11 of New York’s 15 games this year have gone over the point total (20% of its opportunities).
- New York has an 8-7 record against the spread.
- The Giants are just 0-1 ATS when an underdog by at least 2.5 points.
- The Giants have averaged 12.9 fewer points per game this season (17.1) than the Cowboys have allowed (30).
- New York is 4-3 overall and 5-2 against the spread when they score at least 17.1 points this season.
- When Dallas allows opposing offenses to put 30 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 3-4 overall and 4-3 against the spread.
|Giants (+2.5)||Over (45)||Giants 25 Cowboys 23|
- The Cowboys and their opponents have combined for 45.0 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 10 of 15 games (66.7%) this season.
- In three of 15 outings (20%) this year, New York has combined with its opponents to score at least 45.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.8 less points per game (42.2) than this matchup’s total of 45.0 points.
- The Cowboys and the Giants have seen their opponents average a combined 7.5 more points per game than the point total of 45.0 set in this outing.
- The average over/under the Cowboys have had set in games this season is 10.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Giants this year is 5.3 points less than this game’s over/under.
Cowboys vs Giants: Last 5 Meetings
In the past five matchups between these two squads, Dallas holds a 5-0 advantage over New York. In those games against the Giants, the Cowboys have a 2-1 record against the spread. Dallas has had the upper hand scoring in those five matchups, totaling 165 points while New York notched 117.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|10/11/2020||Cowboys||Cowboys||-7.50||51.50||-375||+310||402-300 DAL||37-34 DAL|
|11/4/2019||Cowboys||Giants||-6.5||48.5||-305||+265||429-271 DAL||37-18 DAL|
|9/8/2019||Cowboys||Cowboys||-7||44||-315||+265||494-470 DAL||35-17 DAL|
|12/30/2018||N/A||Giants||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||441-419 NYG||36-35 DAL|
|9/16/2018||N/A||Cowboys||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||298-255 DAL||20-13 DAL|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Dallas has gone 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall in their last three contests.
- Dallas has hit the over two times in the last three contests.
- The Cowboys and their opponents have combined to score an average of 55 points in their last three games, 10.0 more than the 45.0 over/under in this matchup.
- New York has struggled to cover, going 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over the last three contests.
- The under has been familiar to New York. They have failed to reach the total three times in their last three contests.
- The Giants total over the last three games is 12.0 points fewer than the 45.0 over/under listed for this matchup.
Cowboys: P Chris Jones: Out (Abdomen), OT Tyron Smith: Out (Neck), G Zack Martin: Out (Calf), OT Cameron Erving: Out (Knee), OT La’el Collins: Out (Hip), ILB Justin March: Out (Undisclosed), SS Darian Thompson: Questionable (Concussion), CB Rashard Robinson: Questionable (Knee), QB Dak Prescott: Out (Ankle), DT Antwaun Woods: Out (Ankle), FS Xavier Woods: Questionable (Ribs), CB Deante Burton: Out (Shoulder), TE Blake Jarwin: Out (Acl), OLB Leighton Vander Esch: Questionable (Ankle), SS Steven Parker: Out (Ankle), DT Trysten Hill: Out (Acl), OT Mitch Hyatt: Out (Knee), CB Saivion Smith: Out (Hand), CB Chris Westry: Out (Knee), LB Azur Kamara: Out (Undisclosed)
Giants: WR Golden Tate: Questionable (Calf), RB Devonta Freeman: Questionable (Ankle), OLB Kyler Fackrell: Questionable (Calf), WR Cody Core: Out (Achillies), RB Elijhaa Penny: Questionable (Illness), TE Evan Engram: Questionable (Ankle), CB Ryan Lewis: Out (Hamstring), RB Saquon Barkley: Out (Torn Acl), OLB Lorenzo Carter: Out (Achilles), WR David Sills V: Out (Foot), OLB Oshane Ximines: Out (Shoulder), CB Madre Harper: Out (Knee)