The Carolina Panthers are unbeaten since starting quarterback Cam Newton went down with a foot injury. Can backup Kyle Allen keep the magic going on Sunday against NFC South rival Tampa Bay Buccaneers? The Panthers are short favorites for the game in London on the Mybookie NFL odds.
How to Bet Panthers vs Buccaneers NFL Week 6 Odds & Game Info
- When: Sunday, 9:30 AM ET
- Where: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London
- TV: NFL Network
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL League Pass
- NFL Week 6 Odds: Carolina Panthers -2.5 (Total 48.5)
In Week 2 on a Thursday, the Bucs were 20-14 winners in Charlotte. The Bucs sniffed out a fourth-and-1 play from the 2-yard line with Vernon Hargreaves shoving Christian McCaffrey out of bounds with 1:22 left.
Jameis Winston threw for 208 yards and a touchdown, Chris Godwin had 121 yards receiving and a score and Peyton Barber ran for 82 yards, but it was the Bucs defense that won this game.
Tampa Bay held the Panthers without a touchdown and limited McCaffrey to 53 total yards. Cam Newton threw for 324 yards but hasn’t played since due to his foot injury.
- Showers: 19°C/66°F
- Humidity: 83%
- Precipitation: 60%
- Cloud Cover: 86%
- Wind: 15 mph SSW
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Carolina?
The Panthers improved to 3-0 with backup Kyle Allen under center following a 34-27 home victory over Jacksonville on Sunday. Carolina running back Christian McCaffrey had 237 scrimmage yards (176 rushing, 61 receiving) and three touchdowns (two rushing, one receiving), his third consecutive game with at least 175 scrimmage yards.
McCaffrey, who has 587 rushing yards and 279 receiving yards this season, joins Pro Football Hall of Famer Thurman Thomas (1991) as the only players in NFL history to record at least 500 rushing yards and 250 receiving yards in their team’s first five games of a season. McCaffrey’s 866 yards from scrimmage are the second most in league history after five games, behind the 988 yards that NFL legend Jim Brown had in 1963.
Allen passed for 181 yards and a touchdown in the victory. Kyle is the first quarterback in the Super Bowl era to begin his career 4-0 without throwing an interception in his first four career starts. Allen also became the first undrafted quarterback since Hall of Famer Kurt Warner in 1999 to win his first four career starts.
D.J. Moore caught six of eight targets for 91 yards. Star Greg Olsen failed to catch a pass in the win. He got just two targets. Rookie Brian Burns returned a fumble for a touchdown and forced a fumble of his own, making him just the third rookie since 2000 to record a sack, forced fumble and fumble recovery for a touchdown all in the same game.
- Points per Game: 23.75
- Passing Yards: 243.00
- Rushing Yards: 108.25
- Yards per Play: 5.38
- Points per Game: 20.00
- Passing Yards: 156.75
- Rushing Yards: 130.75
- Yards per Play: 4.32
Why Bet on Tampa Bay?
The Bucs were 31-24 losers at New Orleans on Sunday. Jameis Winston completed 15-of-27 passes for 204 yards, two touchdowns and zero interceptions. Winston was under siege all afternoon, taking six sacks and failing to find Mike Evans for a single catch. Winston was extremely lucky to escape without a turnover, as he had one interception overturned by a delay of game penalty and another by defensive holding. He also had a fumble recovered by the Bucs. Evans could have a tough time bouncing back against James Bradberry and the Panthers in Week 6. Evans went just 5/64 across two 2018 matchups with Carolina.
Peyton Barber rushed eight times for 32 yards and a touchdown in the Bucs’ Week 5 loss. Neither Barber nor Ronald Jones could find much running room as the Saints kept caving in the Bucs’ offensive line.
Buccaneers right guard Alex Cappa suffered a broken left arm in the loss. Remarkably, he didn’t miss a snap, though the Buccaneers are now bracing for him to miss several weeks. Right tackle Demar Dotson is expected to miss Week 6 with calf and hamstring injuries. It’s unlikely he’ll make the trip to London.
Earl Watford, who started for Bucs coach Bruce Arians with the Arizona Cardinals, is expected to step in for Cappa, while Josh Wells will step in for Dotson. Carolina is currently 10th in the NFL in generating pressure on 30% of dropbacks, and the Panthers have the fourth-highest sacks per dropback rate at 9.2%.
Arians did say that starting middle linebacker Devin White will play against the Panthers after the Bucs held him out one more week due to a sprained MCL. Fellow LB Shaq Barrett — who had been on a historic pace, registering nine sacks in the first four games — did not record a sack Sunday. He also produced zero quarterback hits and just two tackles, going primarily against Terron Armstead.
- Points per Game: 30.75
- Passing Yards: 273.50
- Rushing Yards: 113.25
- Yards per Play: 5.73
- Points per Game: 29.25
- Passing Yards: 318.25
- Rushing Yards: 59.25
- Yards per Play: 5.51
Panthers vs Buccaneers NFL Week 6 Betting Trends
- Under is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings
- Underdog is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings
- Panthers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay
- Panthers are 2-7 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Carolina’s last 5 games against an opponent in the NFC South division
- Buccaneers are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games at home
- Buccaneers are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 games played in October
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games played in week 6
Expert Final Score Prediction for Panthers vs Buccaneers
Carolina Panthers 24 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23
More NFL Week 6 Betting News
- 49ers vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 6 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Steelers vs Chargers 2019 NFL Week 6 Odds & Pick for Sunday Night
- Titans vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 6 Lines, Game Info & Prediction
- NFL Picks Week Six (Ep. 736)
- Cowboys vs Jets 2019 NFL Week 6 Betting Lines & Expert Analysis
- Falcons vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- Texans vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 6 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Saints vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 6 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Redskins vs Dolphins 2019 NFL Week 6 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Eagles vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 6 Lines, Game Analysis & Prediction
- Seahawks vs Browns 2019 NFL Week 6 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Panthers vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Pick
- 2019 NFL Week 6 Parlay Betting Picks
- Bengals vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 6 Lines & Game Prediction
Even More Panthers vs Buccaneers Archived Betting Articles
- Buccaneers 46 vs Panthers 23 Result NFL Week 10 Score
- NFL 2020 Week 10 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Carolina Panthers Line and Betting Trends November 15, 2020
- NFL 2020 Week 7 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL 2020 Week 7 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- Panthers 17 vs Buccaneers 31 Result NFL Week 2 Score
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Carolina Panthers Odds and Computer Picks (Week 2)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Carolina Panthers: Odds and Computer Picks September 20, 2020
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- 2020 NFL Week 1 Picks To Definitely Bet On
- 2020 NFL Betting – Tom Brady & the Bucs
- NFC South Divisional Odds After 2020 Draft
- NFC South Mock Draft For 2020 Draft
- NFL Betting: NFC South Free Agency Thoughts After Week 1