Both the Tennessee Titans and Carolina Panthers have former Heisman Trophy-winning quarterbacks on their roster but neither will start Sunday in Charlotte. The Panthers are just over field-goal NFL betting favorites at Mybookie.
How to Bet Titans vs Panthers NFL Week 9 Spread & Game Info
- When: Sunday, 1 PM ET
- Where: Bank of America Stadium
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 9 Spread: Carolina Panthers -4 (Total 41.5)
Last Titans vs Panthers Meeting
In 2015, Carolina was a 27-10 winner at the Titans. Cam Newton completed his first 11 passes and would end up throwing for a score and running for one – the Panthers were arguably the NFL’s best team in 2015 but would lose in the Super Bowl. Carolina’s defense allowed only 11 first downs and capped the dominating performance by forcing a fumble on Tennessee’s final possession. Marcus Mariota was 16 for 24 for 185 yards and an interception for Tennessee. The Titans converted only 5 of 12 third downs.
- Partly Cloudy: 22°C/71°F
- Humidity: 12%
- Precipitation: 8%
- Cloud Cover: 7%
- Wind: 11 mph ESE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet on Tennessee?
The Titans benched former Heisman winner Marcus Mariota two games ago and are 2-0 with Ryan Tannehill. Last week, it was a 27-23 victory over Tampa Bay. Tannehill completed 21-of-33 passes for 193 yards and three touchdowns.
The Titans’ offense benefitted from two short fields due to a pair of Jameis Winston turnovers inside the 10, allowing Tannehill to hit Jonnu Smith (6/78/1) for a wide open five-yard score over the middle of the field to put the Titans up 7-3 before spotting Tajae Sharpe (3/18/1) in the back corner of the end zone on a six-yard fade in the next quarter. His third touchdown was an eight-yard crossing route to A.J. Brown (2/11/1). The 31-year-old veteran has connected on 44-of-62 passes (70.9%) for five touchdowns and a pick in his two starts.
Against the Buccaneers, the Titans were 3-of-3 in the red zone. Under Tannehill, the Titans were also a perfect 3-for-3 in the red zone a week ago the week before in beating the Chargers. The Titans are now 3rd in the NFL in red zone offense, up from 23rd a year ago. Derrick Henry rushed 16 times for 75 yards in the win. Henry remains on pace for career-highs in carries (302) and rushing yards (1,162) but isn’t involved in the passing game.
Titans coach Mike Vrabel’s aggressiveness has been on full display the past two Sundays. Vrabel tried a fake field goal late on Sunday, a week after going for it with a QB sneak vs. the Chargers.
Starting guard Rodger Saffold is in the league’s concussion protocol. Saffold took a big hit from a Bucs defender late in the first quarter and didn’t return. He was replaced by reserve Jamil Douglas for the rest of the game.
- Points per Game: 17.29
- Passing Yards: 204.57
- Rushing Yards: 101.86
- Yards per Play: 5.05
- Points per Game: 16.00
- Passing Yards: 232.86
- Rushing Yards: 95.14
- Yards per Play: 5.28
Why Bet on Carolina?
Carolina came out of its bye and was blown out 51-13 at San Francisco on Sunday. Backup QB Kyle Allen completed 19-of-37 passes for 158 yards, zero touchdowns and three interceptions. He faced heavy pressure throughout the afternoon and took six half sacks. Still, Allen overthrew a wide-open Curtis Samuel for a touchdown early in the first half. It was Allen’s first loss in six career starts. Coach Ron Rivera said the second-year undrafted quarterback lost some of the patience he showed in his previous starts.
“Kyle sped some things up when he didn’t have to,” Rivera said. “He had a little bit more time. Probably anticipated a little too much. He needed at times to take what they gave him.”
Christian McCaffrey rushed 14 times for 117 yards and a touchdown, adding four receptions for 38 additional yards. McCaffrey’s performance on the ground featured two 40-plus yard runs along with a third that was nullified by a hold.
Allen will get the call again here as Cam Newton still isn’t ready off a foot injury suffered in Week 2. Some might have thought that Newton’s timetable might have advanced after Allen struggled so much last week but Newton is likely still a few weeks away from returning.
Additional Key Information
The Panthers started the Niners game against the 49ers with Taylor Moton at left tackle and Daryl Williams at right tackle before making a change after two possessions. Rookie Dennis Daley was inserted at left tackle and Moton went back to his usual right tackle spot, and it’s likely that will be the case going forward. Second-round pick Greg Little could be a factor at left tackle, but he remains in the concussion protocol. Little hasn’t played since Week 4 at Houston.
Sunday will mark the Panthers’ first game at Bank of America Stadium in nearly a month – a venue at which the Titans have found success. This will only be the Titans’ third regular season trip to Charlotte, but they’ve returned to Tennessee victorious both times.
- Points per Game: 27.67
- Passing Yards: 223.50
- Rushing Yards: 129.50
- Yards per Play: 5.50
- Points per Game: 22.17
- Passing Yards: 225.00
- Rushing Yards: 119.00
- Yards per Play: 4.94
Titans vs Panthers NFL Week 9 Betting Trends
- Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings
- Road team is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings
- Titans are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- Titans are 5-13-1 ATS in their last 19 games played in November
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Tennessee’s last 6 games played in week 9
- Panthers are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games at home
- Panthers are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games played in week 9
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Carolina’s last 6 games played in November
Expert Final Score Prediction for Titans vs Panthers
Tennessee Titans 20 – Carolina Panthers 24
More Week 9 NFL Betting News
- Chargers vs Seahawks NFL Week 9 Spread & Preview
- Rams vs Saints NFL Week 9 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Cowboys NFL Week 9 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- How to Bet Packers vs Patriots NFL Week 9 Odds & Pick
- Texans vs Broncos NFL Week 9 Lines & Expert Pick
- Falcons vs Redskins NFL Week 9 Odds & Game Preview
- How to Bet Lions vs Vikings NFL Week 9 Spread & Pick
- Bears vs Bills NFL Week 9 Betting Lines & Prediction
- Week Nine NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 623)
- Steelers vs Ravens NFL Week 9 Odds & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Raiders vs 49ers NFL Week 9 Spread & Pick
- Chiefs at Browns NFL Week 9 Lines & Betting Preview
- Buccaneers vs Panthers NFL Week 9 Odds & Prediction
- NFL Week 9 Over/Under Betting Picks
Even More Titans vs Panthers Archived Betting Articles
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Titans 20 @ Panthers 30 Result NFL Week 9 Score
- Titans vs Panthers 2019 NFL Week 9 Spread & Expert Analysis
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Titans Host Panthers as Home Favorites in Week 2 Preseason Odds
- NFL Week 2 Preseason Matchup Featuring Carolina at Tennessee
- Week 1 NFL Betting Advise
- 2016 NFL Season Week 1 Odds Analysis
- NFL Week 1 Final Score Betting Predictions