Columbus heads to Colorado on Tuesday, Feb. 5 to take on the Avalanche in a battle between a couple of very good hockey teams. The Columbus Blue Jackets haven’t played well since the all-star break, Will Tuesday’s game signal a turnaround? Or, will the Colorado Avalanche protect their home ice?</p?
Blue Jackets vs Avalanche NHL Betting Lines & Game Info
News and notes for the three games ahead of us this week.Your #CBJ Weekly Report is here:https://t.co/rv8DBVIYhE — Columbus Blue Jackets (@BlueJacketsNHL) 4 de febrero de 2019
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 9:00 pm ET
- Where: Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
- TV: FSOH
- Radio: Columbus / Colorado
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- Moneyline Odds: Colorado -121
- Over/Under Total Odds: Off
Why Columbus Blue Jackets are a good bet +100?
So far, the Blue Jackets haven’t come close to resembling the team that had so much success in the first half of the season. While Columbus was a tough out for anyone, they’ve been terrible in the second half.
That should change soon, though. The Blue Jackets are 14-9-1-0 in away games. It’s only a matter of time before they kick it up a notch. They’re good enough to take down the Avalanche as the slight underdog.
- Goals For: 3.2
- Shots For: 31.7
- Power Plays: 15.3%
- Face-Offs: 48.9%
- Goals Against: 3.1
- Shots Against: 30.3
- Penalty Kills: 83.2%
- Shutouts: 2
Why Colorado Avalanche are a good bet -121?
Like Columbus, Colorado also hasn’t been that great since the all-star break. In fact, the Avalanche are a terrible 1-4 in their last 5. They do have home ice advantage on Tuesday night, though.
Home ice means a lot in NHL. Most teams have a losing record in away games. Even though Colorado has only a single victory over their losses on their home ice, they should be plenty tough to beat on Feb. 5 facing an Eastern Conference team.
- Goals For: 3.3
- Shots For: 32.4
- Power Plays: 24.7%
- Face-Offs: 48.4%
- Goals Against: 3.3
- Shots Against: 30.8
- Penalty Kills: 76.4%
- Shutouts: 1
NHL Betting Trends for Blue Jackets vs Avalanche
- Columbus is 0-5 SU in the last 5 games
- Columbus is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 games on the road
- The total went OVER in 11 of Columbus’s last 15 games when playing on the road against Colorado
- Blue Jackets are 8-2 in the last 10 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous
- Blue Jackets are 0-5 in the last 5 overall
- Colorado is 1-4 ATS in the last 5 games
- Colorado is 3-13 SU in the last 16 games
- The total went OVER in 8 of Colorado’s last 11 games
- Avalanche are 2-7 in the last 9 home games
- Avalanche are 1-5 in the last 6 versus a team with a winning record
Blue Jackets vs Avalanche Final NHL Betting Analysis
This is one of those terribly difficult games to handicap. Colorado does have home ice advantage, but they haven’t used it to their benefit. The Avalanche are 0-4 in their last 4 home games.
Now, they host a Columbus team that up until the all-star break was considered a legit contender to win the Stanley Cup. The Blue Jackets should eventually end the losing streak. Led by left winger Artemi Panarin and his 59 points, Columbus has a great shot of handing the Avalanche another loss on Tuesday.
If you believe me, back the Blue Jackets early. There’s a big chance they end up the favorites before first puck drops.
NHL Betting Pick: Columbus Blue Jackets +100