While hoisting the Stanley Cup is the dream of every single player at the start of each new NHL season, falling short of that ultimate goal does not necessarily means that the season was a bad one. Every single year, we see a team or two come from nowhere to sneak into the playoffs and make a deep run. Falling a little short is always disappointing, but it should not take away from the work that was done prior to the playoff exit. We are all looking at the standings right now and wondering which team is going to emerge from the middle of the pack and make a serious run at the Stanley Cup.
Last season, the St. Louis Blues looked to be dead and buried in the regular season before turning things around and winning it all. The Carolina Hurricanes caught the imagination of hockey with their spirited play, making it all the way to the Eastern Conference Final, where they finally bowed out. It will be those two teams going head to head on Tuesday night in Charlotte. The NHL betting lines have the Blues as favorites by 1½ on home ice, with the goal total for this one set at 5½.
How to Bet Carolina at St. Louis NHL Hockey Odds & TV Info
The Hurricanes take on the defending Stanley Cup Champions and a familiar face on the blueline tonight in St. Louis. Preview the start of the Canes’ final multigame western road trip of the season here ➡️— Canes Country (@CanesCountry) February 4, 2020
- When: Friday, January 24 at 8 PM EST
- Where: Enterprise Center, St. Louis
- TV: ESPN+
- Radio: Tunein.com
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- NHL Odds: Blues -1½ (Total:5½)
Why Bet on the Carolina Hurricanes?
The Carolina Hurricanes somewhat snuck up on everyone on the playoffs last season, but if they are to get the opportunity to do it again, they are going to need to prepare themselves for battle in the second half of the season. If the regular season were to end today, the Hurricanes would miss out on the postseason, but the good news is that things are incredibly tight in the Eastern Conference Wild Card race, so they are still very much in the conversation.
Carolina are 30-19-3 on the season, with their 63 points leaving them just a single point out of the final playoff spot in the East. They are on a decent run of form of late, going 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. The Hurricanes are 12-10-2 on the road and 15-4-2 versus the Western Conference.
Hurricanes 2020 NHL Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Carolina’s last 9 games.
- Carolina are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against St. Louis.
- Carolina are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- Carolina are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against St. Louis.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Carolina’s last 11 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Carolina’s last 7 games against an opponent in the West conference.
- Goals: 3.0+
- Shots: 33.27
- PP/PK Percentage: 21.52
- Goals: 2.68
- Shots: 29.02
- PP/PK Percentage: 16.39
Why Bet on the St. Louis Blues?
The defending champions needed to come from the depths of the Western Conference to win the Stanley Cup last season, but this year, they have been leading the way from the off. The Blues record of 31-14-8 gives them 70 points and has them as the #1 team in the conference right now.
The Blues are 5 points ahead of the next best team in the West and have a 6-point lead in the Central Division. They are in a little bit of a skid at the moment, winning just once in their last 5 games, but they have been a whole lot better at home, winning 9 of their last 10 in their own building. Overall, the Blues are 17-4-4 on home ice this season.
Blues 2020 NHL Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of St. Louis’ last 12 games.
- St. Louis are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- St. Louis are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games at home.
- St. Louis are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Carolina.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of St. Louis’ last 9 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of St. Louis’ last 5 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Goals: 3.17
- Shots: 30.64
- PP/PK Percentage: 24.36
- Goals: 2.83
- Shots: 30.25
- PP/PK Percentage: 18.42
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction for Hurricanes vs Blues
While the Blues are in a bit of a funk at the moment, it’s not a run you expect to see continue for very long now that they are back from a lengthy road trip. I like the Blues to get their mojo back with a win at home on Tuesday night.
Carolina Hurricanes 2 – St. Louis Blues 4