Following their nearly two-month, coronavirus-related suspension, professional rugby is back in a big way MyBookie betting faithful! The National Rugby League, also known as the NRL, is the top-tier rugby-league in Australia and New Zealand. 16 teams are in an all-out brawl over 25 rounds to be crowned the Telestra Premiership champion.
With Round 3 set to kick off on Thursday, May 28, let’s find out whether league-leading Parramatta Eels can get it done on the road or whether the Brisbane Broncos are the better pick to take care of business at home when they battle on Thursday, along with their NRL betting odds.
NRL Eels vs Broncos Round 3
Why Bet on Brisbane
Brisbane is in fifth place in the NRL standings at 2-0. The Broncos have put 50 points on the board while allowing 39 points defensively to sit at +11 in differential. Brisbane got past South Sydney 22-18 in their last match on Friday. Centre Kotoni Staggs leads the league in linebreaks with three while teammates Payne Haas and Thomas Flegler are ranked second and third respectively in post contact meters.
Why Bet On Parramatta
Parramatta is in first place in the NRL standings, having scored 54 points through two matches while allowing a league-low eight defensively to sit at a stellar +46 in differential. The Eels pounded the Gold Coast Titans unmercifully en route to a commanding 46-6 win on Sunday. Fullback Kalyn Ponga and halfback Mitchell Moses are tied with a league-high 26 points while Moses has scored a league-high 11 goals and Ponga, 9 goals.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
While Parramatta recorded a jaw-dropping 58-0 win over Brisbane the last time these two rivals met, the Broncos and Eels have alternated wins and losses over the last five meetings with the home team winning each time. With that trends sticking out like a sore thumb, I’m going with Brisbane to take care of business in this affair. While Parramatta has been absolutely phenomenal defensively through two matches, Brisbane can put points on the board in a hurry as evidenced by the fact that they are one of just for teams with 50 points heading into Round 3. Keep it simple and back the home, Brisbane Broncos in this one!
Pick: Brisbane Broncos
General Game Info Parramatta Eels (2-0) vs. Brisbane Broncos (2-0)
- When: Thursday, May 28 at 5:50 AM
- Where: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Eels vs Broncos Live: Nine/Fox
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 3 Matches
- Titans vs Cowboys – Friday 29th May, 04:00 AM | Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
- Rabbitohs vs Rooster – Friday 29th May, 05:55 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Dragons vs Warriors – Saturday 30th May, 01:00 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- West Tigers vs Sharks – Saturday 30th May, 03:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Raiders vs Storm – Saturday 30th May, 05:35 AM | AAMI Park, Melbourne
- Knights vs Panthers – Sunday 31st May, 02:05 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles – Sunday 31st May, 04:30 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast