Costa Rica was a huge surprise at the 2014 World Cup, but the Ticos’ chances of advancing this year are gone should they lose as expected on Friday in Group E action to tournament favorite Brazil, which is a massive favorite on the MyBookie Sportsbook soccer odds. If you want to keep up with everything around the 2018 FIFA World Cup, be sure to check our soccer news page on a daily basis, which includes previews, reviews, predictions, and more.
Brazil v Costa Rica 2018 World Cup Group E Betting Preview
Bad news: Neymar limped away from #BRA training on Tuesday.Good news: He’s expected to train fully on Wednesday. Even better news: It was a painful ankle, not a recurrence of his foot injury, that left him hobbling.#WorldCup pic.twitter.com/5ecvGBrbPE — Omnisport (@OmnisportNews) 19 de junio de 2018
- When: Friday, 8 AM ET
- Where: Saint Petersburg Stadium, St. Petersburg, Russia
- TV / Stream: Fox Sports 1/Fox Sports Go
- 2018 World Cup Group E Betting Odds: Brazil -476 / Costa Rica +1150 / Draw +520 (Total at 3 goals)
- No CONCACAF team has ever beaten Brazil at a FIFA World Cup
- Brazil has already beaten Costa Rica in the 1990 and 2002 World Cups
- Thiago Silva will be A Seleção’s captain against Costa Rica
Why Bet on Brazil?
- Confederation: CONMEBOL
- Head coach: Tite
- Captain: Neymar
- FIFA Ranking: 2
- 3-João Miranda
- 2-Thiago Silva
- 11-Philippe Coutinho
- 9-Gabriel Jesus
Why Bet on Costa Rica?
- Confederation: CONCACAF
- Head coach: Óscar Ramírez
- Captain: Bryan Ruiz
- FIFA Ranking: 23
- 1-K. Navas
- 6-Ó. Duarte
- 16-C. Gamboa
- 3-G. González
- 2-J. Acosta
- 8-B. Oviedo
- 5-C. Borges
- 17-Y. Tejeda
- 7-C. Bolaños
- 10-B. Ruiz
- 21-M. Ureña
Expert Final PredictionBrazil 2 – Costa Rica 0
Prime Source for the 2018 World Cup
- If you want to make the most from this tournament, keep track of the World Cup betting lines and trends.
- Go to our Podcasts Page to tune in all the episodes about the 2018 World Cup. Our panel will bring you the latest news and analysis, covering everything you need to know to stay fresh during the entire tournament.