Each Saturday, combat sports fans are treated to awesome boxing and great mixed-martial-arts matches. Check out analysis and free picks for five great MMA battles and five terrific boxing bouts that happen on Saturday, August 22. Let’s get right into action so you can make your bets against their Boxing odds and MMA odds.
Best Boxing & MMA Events For This Weekend
- When: Saturday, August 22
Mixed Martial Arts Odds
UFC Fight Night: Munhoz vs Edgar
- Frankie Edgar +200 / Pedro Munhoz -260
How can you not root for Frankie Edgar? Frankie’s provided awesome fighting entertainment for over a decade. He’s won just one fight in his last 4, though, while Pedro Munhoz is 3-1 SU in his last 4. We hate to go against Frankie, but it looks like the chalk takes this.
UFC Fight Pick: Pedro Munhoz
- Amanda Lemos +110 / Mizuki Inoue -140
This should be one of the more competitive fights on the card. Lemos is 7-1-1 while Inoue is 14-5. Lemos won her last bout via submission. Inoue has won 4-of-5 but hasn’t fought in a year. Who takes this? We’re going with Inoue because she’s 9-0 in submission wins to losses.
UFC Fight Pick: Mizuki Inoue
- Takashi Sato +155 / Daniel Rodriguez -185
Rodriguez deserve the favorite’s label in this. He has just 1 loss in 13 fights. But Takashi Soto is 16-3 and has won 3-of-4, including knocking out Jason Witt 48 seconds into the first round in a bout in late June. Takashi wins.
UFC Fight Pick: Takashi Soto
- Austin Hubbard +105 / Joe Solecki -135
12-4 Austin Hubbard has a 1-inch height and 1-inch reach advantage. But we still like the chalk to win. Solecki has won 4 in a row while Hubbard lost his last fight via TKO in June.
UFC Fight Pick: Joe Solecki
- Ovince Saint Preaux +100 / Alonzo Menifield -130
Ovince Saint Preaux is a slight underdog versus Alonzo Menifield. Alonzo has a great 9-1 record. Ovince’s record is 24-14. Saint Preaux has a couple of physical advantages. He’s taller and has a longer reach, but he’s also gone 1-3 in his last 4. The chalk wins.
UFC Fight Pick: Alonzo Menifield
Boxing Odds & Fights
- Alexander Povetkin +295 / Dillian Whyte -370
Dillian Whyte’s 27-1 record with 18 wins via knockout impresses big time. Povetkin is a tough fighter. He has just 2 losses on his record and 1 of the losses was to Anthony Joshua. Alexander should fight hard, but at the end, he’s a 4-year-old going against a younger boxer in better form.
Boxing Pick: Dillian Whyte
- Joe Smith Jr. +185 / Eleider Alvarez -225
Earlier this year, Alvarez knocked out a decent fighter in Michael Seals. It was the first time Eleider had fought since losing via unanimous decision to former world champion Sergei Kovalev in February 2019. Joe Smith Jr. has gone 2-2 in his last few bouts, though. Chalky again.
Boxing Pick: Eleider Alvarez
- Luther Clay +115 / Chris Kongo -135
24-year-old Luther Clay has just a single loss from 14 fights. It’s a nice record but Clay has just 5 wins via knockout or technical knockout. Chris Kongo is 11-0 with 6 knockouts. He should beat Luther.
Boxing Pick: Chris Kongo
- Zach Chelli -120 / Jack Cullen -110
7-1 Zach Chelli battles 18-2 Jack Cullen. Chelli has a decent record. But Cullen is vastly more experienced. We’ll give the slight underdog a shot to upset the chalk.
Boxing Pick: Jack Cullen
- Shawndell Terell Winters +250 / Alen Babic -325
This projects as an exciting fight. Babic, at the ripe old boxing age of 29, is 3-0 with 3 knockouts. 39-year-old Shawndell Terell Winters is 13-3 with 12 knockouts. Who falls first should be the name of this bout because whomever does won’t get up. We’re taking a shot on the +250 underdog to not fall first.
Boxing Pick: Shawndell Terell Winters
UFC Betting News
- UFC Fight Night: Dern vs. Rodriguez Betting Odds & Picks
- UFC Fight Night: Santos vs Walker Betting Odds & Picks
- UFC 266: Volkanovski vs Ortega Betting Odds & Predictions
- UFC Fight Night: Smith vs Spann Betting Odds & Picks
- UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs. Till Betting Odds & Picks
Boxing Betting News
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet on the Weekend: Navarrete vs Gonzalez Highlights Weekend Action
- Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder III Betting Preview: Throw Down for the Third Time
- Updated Fury vs Wilder Odds: Fury The Chalk Heading to Fight Night
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet on the Weekend: Eubank and Muratov Throw Down in London
- Boxing Fury vs Wilder III Betting Update: Keys for Victory and Undercard Set