While 21st-ranked Appalachian State almost certainly won’t have any problem getting past one-win South Alabama when the two teams hook up on Saturday for their Week 9 matchup, the Mountaineers are facing a big spread as three-touchdown road favorites when they visit the struggling Jaguars. Now, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their college football odds this coming weekend.
Appalachian State vs South Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Analysis
- When: Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 12:00 PM ET
- Where: Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Alabama
- TV: ESPNU
- Radio: Appalachian State / South Alabama
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 9 Odds: Appalachian State -25.5 / Total: 52
- Thunderstorms: 26°C/79°F
- Humidity: 91%
- Precipitation: 80%
- Wind: 11 mph SSE
- Cloud Cover: 85%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Appalachian State?
Despite the fact that the unbeaten Mountaineers are facing a huge spread in this matchup, there are a bunch of great reasons to back Appalachian State in this matchup. First of all, the Mountaineers are averaging a stellar 42.7 points per game to rank seventh in scoring nationally while South Alabama is putting up just 16.3 points per game to rank 125th in scoring. Then, there’s the fact that the Mountaineers have put 52 points or more on the board in two of their last three games while limiting the opposition to just seven points in each of their last two games. The Mountaineers smacked Louisiana-Monroe senseless en route to a commanding 52-7 blowout win on Saturday to become the first Sun Belt team to be ranked in the top 25 for consecutive weeks when the polls were released the next day.
“We were well aware that no Sun Belt football team has ever been ranked for two straight weeks in the history of the conference, so we were motivated to write our own history and to always compete to do it better than it’s been done before,” Appalachian State coach Eli Drinkwitz told reporters.
Last but not least, South Alabama has lost five straight while getting routed last weekend.
- Average Score For: 41
- Total Yards: 412
- Pass Yards: 193.20
- Rush Yards: 218.80
- Average Score Against: 24.60
- Total Yards: 386.80
- Pass Yards: 230.20
- Rush Yards: 156.60
Why Bet On South Alabama?There’s only two reasons to back the Jaguars in this contest. First, South Alabama is playing at home where they’ve recorded their only win of the season in getting past Jackson State 37-14 in Week 2. The other good reason to back South Alabama is the fact that the Jags are getting a whopping 25.5 points as home underdogs. Sophomore quarterback Cephus Johnson is completing an uninspiring 53.3 percent of his passes with five TD passes and seven interceptions for the the sixth-worst scoring offense in the nation.
- Average Score For: 16.29
- Total Yards: 312.57
- Pass Yards: 153.86
- Rush Yards: 158.71
- Average Score Against: 30.43
- Total Yards: 404.71
- Pass Yards: 201.14
- Rush Yards: 203.57
College Football Week 9 Betting Trends for Appalachian State vs South Alabama
- Appalachian State is 6-1 ATS in the last 7 games
- Appalachian State is 10-0 SU in the last 10 games
- The total went UNDER in 4 of Appalachian State’s last 5 games played in October
- South Alabama is 2-4 ATS in the last 6 games
- South Alabama is 0-5 SU in the last 5 games
- The total went UNDER in 5 of South Alabama’s last 5 games
Appalachian State vs South Alabama Expert Analysis and Prediction
While South Alabama has gone an encouraging 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games against a team with a winning road record, Appalachian State has gone a perfect 4-0 ATS in their last 4 road games and bankroll-boosting 18-5 ATS in their last 23 games overall. More importantly, the Mountaineers have a ton to play for while South Alabama is just riding out the string of games until their regular season finale.
The jaguars are seriously offensively challenged while Appalachian State has been putting points on the board like crazy all season long. If you’re worried about the high point spread in this contest, I wouldn’t be. Appalachian State is simply the better team in all three phases of the game. I’m going with the Mountaineers to win big to cover the spread and you should too!
Pick: Appalachian State 49 South Alabama 14
More College Football Week 9 Betting News
- Washington State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Pick
- Missouri vs Kentucky 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Arizona State vs UCLA 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Preview
- Notre Dame vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Maryland vs Minnesota 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Analysis
- Penn State vs Michigan State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Prediction
- Texas vs TCU 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Arkansas vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Pick
- Boston College vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Game Info
- College Football Picks Week Nine (Ep. 743)
- Oklahoma vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Game Preview
- Wisconsin vs Ohio State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Analysis
- SMU vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Appalachian State vs South Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Analysis