We are now at the stage of the season where the teams at the top of the rankings start to feel a little bit of pressure. In most seasons, the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season are devoted to playing games that are often little more than a training session. Things start to get serious once we get into the conference game portion of the season, as this is where seasons can fall apart for some teams. We saw it last weekend, with the Auburn Tigers, who had climbed all the way up to the #7 spot, losing to Florida and seeing their National Championship hopes take a serious hit.
The top 4 teams have remained intact since the start of the season, although there has been a little bit of flipping going on. The Clemson Tigers started the season as the #1 team in the country after winning the National Championship last season, but they are now down in the #2 spot, although still unbeaten. Clemson will try to stay that way when they host the Florida State Seminoles this coming weekend. The Tigers are favored by 27 points, with the point total set at 59 ½.
Florida State vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, October 12 at 3:30 PM EST
- Where: Memorial Stadium, Clemson
- TV: ABC
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: ABC Go
- College Football Week 7 Odds: Clemson -27 (Total 59.5)
- Partly Cloudy: 28°C/82°F
- Humidity: 60%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Cloud Cover: 38%
- Wind: 9 mph WSW
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the Florida State Seminoles?
The Florida State Seminoles are still in the process of trying to turn their program around after far too many lean years. There is still some work to be done, as can be seen from their 3-2 SU record to start the season. They have been good in the past couple of weeks, winning back to back games against Louisville and NC State.
This is a team that has been solid on the offensive side of the football, averaging a little over 33 PPG through their first 5 games. They have had one game against a ranked opponent this season, losing that one 31-24 to Virginia, a game that ended as a push ATS. The Seminoles are just 1-7 SU in their last 8 visits to Clemson, as well as being just 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games versus Clemson overall.
- Points per Game: 33.20
- Passing Yards: 308.20
- Rushing Yards: 121.20
- Yards per Play: 5.88
- Points per Game: 29.60
- Passing Yards: 302.20
- Rushing Yards: 144.80
- Yards per Play: 5.40
Why bet on the Clemson Tigers?
The Clemson Tigers are coming into this one on the heels of a bye week, which might actually not be a bad thing. In their last outing, which came in Week 5, the Clemson barely escaped with a win against the North Carolina Tar Heels. Clemson won that one 21-20, but it was a failed 2-point conversion at the death that allowed Clemson to escape with the victory.
You can certainly argue that the Tigers have not been as good as they were last season, but they are still 5-0, although down to #2, losing ground to Alabama. The UNDER has hit in 5 of Clemson’s last 6 games against an ACC opponent. One thing to note is that they are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games played in Week 7.
- Points per Game: 38.00
- Passing Yards: 263.40
- Rushing Yards: 222.60
- Yards per Play: 7.08
- Points per Game: 12.00
- Passing Yards: 150.40
- Rushing Yards: 104.80
- Yards per Play: 3.94
Florida State vs Clemson College Football Week 7 Betting Trends
- Seminoles are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games against Clemson
- Seminoles are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Clemson
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Florida State’s last 5 games on the road
- Tigers are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games played on a Saturday
- Tigers are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Clemson’s last 6 games played in October
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Florida State vs Clemson
While the Clemson Tigers struggled their last time out, the week off should have given them time to iron out the wrinkles. I think that they will come out and win this one going away, so I am taking the Tigers to win and cover.
Score: Florida State Seminoles 13 – Clemson Tigers 55
More Week 7 College Football Betting News
- Utah vs Oregon State 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Betting Pick
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Prediction
- Washington vs Arizona 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Preview
- South Carolina vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines, Game Info & Pick
- Florida State vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- College Football Picks Week Seven (Ep. 737)
- Virginia vs Miami 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- Louisville vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Penn State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Analysis
- USC vs Notre Dame State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Betting Preview
- Washington State vs Arizona State 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Prediction
- Michigan State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Expert Pick
- Florida vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Colorado vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Game Analysis
Even More Clemson Archived Betting Articles
- Georgia Tech vs No. 6 Clemson ACC Matchup | 2021 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- Georgia vs Clemson NCAAF | Potential Playoff Preview
- ACC Football Odds to Win: Can Clemson Be Dethroned?
- Clemson vs. Ohio State Sugar Bowl Odds | 2020 NCAAF Expert Betting Analysis
- ACC Championship Game No. 3 Clemson vs. No. 2 Notre Dame | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- No. 3 Clemson vs Virginia Tech | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- Pittsburgh vs No. 3 Clemson Preview | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- No. 4 Clemson vs Florida State Preview | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- No. 1 Clemson vs. Georgia Tech Saturday Early Bird | 2020 NCAA Expert Analysis
- Miami at Clemson College Football Expert Analysis
- Trevor Lawrence Heisman Trophy Odds & Analysis For 2020 Season
- LSU vs Clemson 2020 College Football Championship Odds & Pick
- How to Bet the 2020 College Football Championship Game
- Clemson vs Ohio State 2019 Fiesta Bowl Odds, Game Info & Expert Pick