It’s tough to say which way is the toughest to start the season in college football. Some will say that the preseason top 4 have the advantage, because they are setting the tone for everyone else, but that also means that these teams are expected to be perfect from start to finish. On the flipside, the teams that start outside the top 4 also need to go unbeaten if possible, but even then, they still need the teams above them to slip up if they are to move on up and into the playoffs.
The LSU Tigers were one of the teams on the outside looking in at the start of the season, but they have been outstanding, and have taken advantage of a slip by the Georgia Bulldogs to move into the #2 spot. They still have some huge games ahead of them, most notably against Alabama, but they still need to maintain their focus. They will have a tricky little road trip to Starkville this weekend to face the Mississippi State Bulldogs. LSU is in as a 19-point road favorite, with the point total for this one set at 61.
LSU vs Mississippi State 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- When: Saturday, October 19 at 3:30 PM EST
- Where: Davis Wade Stadium, Starkville
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 8 Lines: LSU -19 (Total 61)
- Showers: 21°C/70°F
- Humidity: 81%
- Precipitation: 40%
- Cloud Cover: 62%
- Wind: 5 mph ESE
- Stadium Type: Open
Why bet on the LSU Tigers?This is an LSU Tigers team that we are not used to seeing, in that they are an offensive force. We have grown accustomed to seeing the Tigers play defensive football first over the years, which makes their sudden shift so jarring. As it stands, LSU are a perfect 6-0, getting to that point by racking up almost 55 PPG.
The proof of just how good they are on the offensive side of the football this season came last week when they dropped 42 points on a Florida Gators defense that was one of the best in the country heading into Week 7. The Tigers are covering the spread as well as winning, going 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 games. In their last 10 meetings with the Bulldogs, LSU is 8-2 SU, as well as being 8-1 SU in their last 9 visits to Starkville.
- Points per Game: 54.60
- Passing Yards: 416.00
- Rushing Yards: 155.00
- Yards per Play: 7.67
- Points per Game: 19.80
- Passing Yards: 206.80
- Rushing Yards: 81.00
- Yards per Play: 4.43
Why bet on the Mississippi State Bulldogs?It would be easy to write off the Bulldogs in this game before it even begins, but any team that has played in Starkville will tell you that it can be a loud, hostile environment. The goal for Mississippi State will be to stay in this one for as long as possible to keep the crown in it.
While that may seem like a tough task against a team as good as LSU is this season, the Bulldogs have been very good against the spread in their own building, going 6-1 ATS in their last 7 at home. This is a team that also seems to enjoy playing in the month of October, posting a 6-2 SU record in the last 8 games played in that month.
- Points per Game: 30.20
- Passing Yards: 191.80
- Rushing Yards: 206.20
- Yards per Play: 6.05
- Points per Game: 28.60
- Passing Yards: 243.40
- Rushing Yards: 158.20
- Yards per Play: 6.26
LSU vs Mississippi State College Football Week 8 Betting Trends
- Tigers are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games this season
- Tigers are 12-3-1 ATS in their last 16 games against an opponent in the Southeast conference
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Louisiana State’s last 5 games on the road
- Bulldogs are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games played in October
- Bulldogs are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Saturday
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Mississippi State’s last 6 games this season
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for LSU vs Mississippi StateCrowd noise alone is not going to be enough to disrupt the red-hot LSU Tigers, which leads you to believe that they will open up a lead at some point in this game. I am on LSU to win and cover, and I also really like the OVER.
Score: LSU Tigers 48 – Mississippi State Bulldogs 21
More Week 8 College Football Betting News
- Texas A&M vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida State vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Analysis
- Arizona State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma State 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Expert Pick
- Duke vs Virginia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Tulsa vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Analysis
- Tennessee vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Prediction
- Oregon vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Preview
- Temple vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- LSU vs Mississippi State 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Kentucky vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Purdue vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Game Preview
- Auburn vs Arkansas 2019 College Football Week 8 Betting Lines & Analysis