Week 10 of the college football season is upon us and it’s a bit of a strange one in that many of the top teams are in a bye week. That is not to suggest that there are no big games on the schedule, as there most certainly are. The game between the Florida Gators and the Georgia Bulldogs is at the top of the list, but there are other big ones out there. What you need to be aware of is that some of those games exist outside of the Power 5 Conferences.
With so many teams idle this weekend, you have the perfect opportunity to do a little channel hopping and tune into some games that you might ordinarily pass on. This game is one such example, as it features a pair of teams sitting in the top 25, with the winner of this one taking a stranglehold in their division in the AAC. Can the SMU Mustangs remain unbeaten or will they fall on the road to the Memphis Tigers? Memphis are in as a 6-point favorite at home, with the point total for this one set at 71 ½.
SMU vs Memphis 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- When: Saturday, November 2 at 7:30 PM EST
- Where: Liberty Bowl Stadium, Memphis
- TV: ABC
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: ABC Go
- College Football Week 10 Odds: Memphis -6 (Total 71.5)
Why bet on the SMU Mustangs?The SMU Mustangs come into this game as the #15 ranked team in the nation. As history has proven, the fact that they play outside of the Power 5 means that they are not going to crack the top 4, but what they can do is potentially play themselves into one of the big New Year’s 6 Bowl Games. That run begins with finding a way to win on the road against a very decent Memphis Tigers team.
The one thing that we can almost certainly guarantee is that SMU is going to put some points on the board, as they are averaging 43 PPG this season. The downside here is that they are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games versus Memphis, as well as being 0-5 ATS in their last 7 against the Tigers.
- Points per Game: 43.00
- Passing Yards: 301.38
- Rushing Yards: 202.75
- Yards per Play: 6.02
- Points per Game: 27.75
- Passing Yards: 270.88
- Rushing Yards: 116.63
- Yards per Play: 5.22
Why bet on the Memphis Tigers?This is a game that is almost certainly going to turn into a shootout, and with just under 40 PPG as their season average, the Tigers certainly have what it takes to hang in there and compete in those types of games. It’s what they had to do last week in a 42-41 win over Tulsa in a game that they started as a 10-point favorite.
That win took the Tigers to 7-1 on the season and 3-1 in AAC play, which has them trailing the Mustangs who sit atop the division with a perfect record. The Tigers are not winning the conference if they do not come out and win this game. They are winners of 6-straight at home and are an impressive 9-0 ATS in their last 9 games played in November.
- Points per Game: 39.14
- Passing Yards: 279.14
- Rushing Yards: 187.57
- Yards per Play: 7.06
- Points per Game: 20.43
- Passing Yards: 168.71
- Rushing Yards: 176.43
- Yards per Play: 4.92
SMU vs Memphis College Football Week 10 Betting Trends
- Mustangs are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games this season
- Mustangs are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Southern Methodist’s last 6 games played in week 10
- Tigers are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games at home
- Tigers are 9-0 ATS in their last 9 games played in November
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Memphis’ last 5 games
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for SMU vs MemphisEven with the point total set as high as it is, the OVER might be the safest bet on offer here. This game looks like a bit of a coin flip to me, but I would take the Mustangs to cover, as that spread looks a little too high in favor of the Tigers.
Score: SMU Mustangs 39 – Memphis Tigers 42
More Week 10 College Football Betting News
- Boise State vs San Jose State 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds & Prediction
- Ole Miss vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 10 Lines & Game Preview
- Utah vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds, Preview & Pick
- SMU vs Memphis 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Wofford vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds & Analysis
- Georgia vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 10 Betting Lines & Preview
- Virginia Tech vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds & Expert Pick
- Michigan vs Maryland 2019 College Football Week 10 Spread & Prediction
- North Carolina State vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 10 Lines & Preview
- College Football Picks Week Ten (Ep. 746)
- Georgia Southern vs Appalachian State 2019 College Football Week 10 Odds & Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 10 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 10 Parlay Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 10 ATS Betting Picks