We are now in the month of August and drifting ever closer to the end of the regular season in the MLB. Teams have around 50 games still to play, so plenty of time for things to change, but it is beginning to look as though some division leaders cannot be caught. There are some changes in the Power Rankings after Week 18, so let’s take our weekly look at the top and bottom 5 in the most recent MLB Betting rankings.
2022 Season Week 18 Power Rankings | MLB Betting Picks
- LA Dodgers – After wallowing behind the Yankees for most of the season, the Dodgers now have the best record in the MLB with 75 wins. They are also currently on an 8-game win streak and running away with the West.
- New York Yankees – After a blistering start to the season, the Yankees have gone off the boil, ending last week on a 4-game losing skid. They still have a comfortable 9 ½ game lead over the Blue Jays in the East.
- Houston Astros – They may have ended last week with 2 straight wins and have gone 5-5 in their last 10 games, but the Astros are still among the best teams in the league. They are also 11 games clear in their division.
- New York Mets – For the second time this season, the Mets picked up a huge series win over the Atlanta Braves. They have now increased their leas atop the ML East to 6 ½ games, which is big at this stage of the season.
- San Diego Padres – It can’t be easy to be in the same division as the Dodgers and see the lead continue to increase at the top. The Padres are clinging to the #5 spot after ending last week with 4 straight losses.
- Pittsburgh Pirates – With a win to close out the week and a 4-6 record over their last 10 games, the Pirates have worked their way out of the cellar in the NL Central. Still, they only have 44 wins on the season.
- Kansas City Royals – In the grand scheme of things, the Royals have to be pretty happy with the way Week 18 ended, as they closed things out with back-to-back wins to move their overall record to 44-65.
- Detroit Tigers – Those wins by the Royals mean that the Tigers are now back at the bottom of the division. They have not been good all season, but a 3-7 record in their last 10 games is just really poor.
- Oakland A’s – A .500 record over the past 10 games show signs of improvement for the A’s, but they closed the week out with 2 straight losses to fall to 41-68. They can take some solace in that they are not the worst team in the league.
- Washington Nationals – It is the Nationals who are in the unfortunate position of having the worst record in the MLB after 18 weeks of the season. They are a woeful 36-74 and have now lost 5 straight games.