Once you see the probability of making the playoffs percentages begin to pop up in the MLB standings, you know that you are getting into the homestretch in the regular season. 19 weeks of play are in the books, and we are seeing some changes happen in the Power Rankings as teams look to get on a run that will carry over into the postseason. A definite favorite has emerged, and it is a team that is no surprise to anyone. As we do every week, let’s take a look at the top and bottom 5 in the latest Power Rankings so you can continue betting against the MLB Odds.
2022 Season Week 19 Power Rankings | MLB Betting Picks
- LA Dodgers – Forget the fact that they lost to the Royals on Sunday and instead pay attention to their 9-1 record over the last 10 games and that they are 1 win away from hitting 80 for the season.
- Houston Astros – Love them or hate them, the Astros are once again up among the best teams in the league. They closed out the week with 4 straight wins and are close to clinching the West, where they have a 13-game lead.
- New York Mets – Not so long ago, it looked as though the Mets were about to give up the lead in the East to the Braves, but they have pummeled their rivals in 2 straight series and are now 5 ½ games clear at the top.
- New York Yankees – For quite some time, it looked as though the Yankees were going to put together a season for the ages, but they have cooled off dramatically in the second half and are now slowly sliding down the Power Rankings.
- Atlanta Braves – While they may be struggling against the Mets, the Braves are killing it against everyone else. They are beginning to look like a Wild Card lock in the NL and closed out last week on a 6-game win streak.
- Pittsburgh Pirates – It was a poor end to Week 18 for the Pirates, as they closed things out with a 4-game losing skid. After winning just 2 of their last 10 games, they are now back on the bottom of the Central Division.
- Detroit Tigers – After 7 years in the job, Al Avila is out as the GM of the Detroit Tigers. This comes as the teams continues to struggle and go on a 7-game losing skid, meaning that they now have just 1 win in their last 10 games.
- Kansas City Royals – If the Royals continue at their current pace, which has seen them go 6-4 over the last 10 games, they might just be able to pull themselves out of the bottom 5, which is probably of zero consolation to anyone in KC.
- Oakland A’s – While the Tigers losing streak is bad, it is not quite as bad as the A’s, who have now lost each of their last 8 games. 41 wins on the season is certainly not great, and it’s tough to imagine many more wins coming for Oakland.
- Washington Nationals – You don’t have to be an MLB expert to know that the Nationals are the worst team in the league. Just 2 wins in their last 10 and a record of 38-78. Well worthy of the bottom spot in the rankings.