We are 2 months into the 2022 MLB season, and we already have a few teams who look like serious contenders to win the World Series. Memorial Day, which falls on May 30, is the point of the season when fans believe that they have seen enough of every team to start making predictions on who will be in the playoffs. That said, we have seen teams collapse in the past, while others raise their game and make a run. For now, let’s take a look at the most current MLB Power Rankings, with the focus on the top and bottom 5 teams so you can keep betting against the MLB Odds.
2022 Power Rankings for Week 9 | MLB Betting
- LA Dodgers – At 33-14, the Dodgers have the best record in baseball through the first 8 weeks, which will come as a surprise to no one. They come into the new week having win 4 in a row and 8 of their last 10 games.
- New York Yankees – You really could make an argument for the Yankees to be sitting at #1, as their 33-15 record is pretty close to that of the Dodgers. They have, though, gone off the boil of late, losing 2 in a row and going 5-5 in their last 10.
- New York Mets – The Mets already have an 8 ½ game lead atop the NL East and are winners of 7 of their last 10. They have a tough week ahead of them, though, with a 4-game series against the Dodgers coming this week.
- San Diego Padres – While the Dodgers are certainly the favorite to win the West, the San Diego Padres are doing a good job of pushing them. The Padres are currently 3 games out of first and are winners of 7 of their last 10.
- Houston Astros – The Astros still have a 3 ½ game lead atop the AL West, but it perhaps has more to do with the fact that the Angels are in freefall. The Astros are, though, still picking up wins, going 6-4 in their last 10.
- Oakland A’s – The A’s are currently sitting in the cellar of the AL West with a 20-30 record, and you have to say that their issues are obvious. They have managed just 173 runs through their first 50 games, making it tough to get anything going.
- Detroit Tigers – If offense is an issue for the A’s, then you have to say that it’s an absolute nightmare for the Tigers, who have managed just 125 runs through 46 games. No real surprise to see that they have managed just 17 wins.
- Washington Nationals – The Nationals find themselves at the bottom of the NL East, 14 games out of first place. There is a bit of a silver lining in that Stephen Strasburg is close to returning, but that will only help the Nationals every 5 days.
- Cincinnati Reds – There is not a lot to get excited about for Reds fans, although given their current record, the Reds have been better of late, going 5-5 in their last 10 games. Continue that form and they will move up the rankings.
- Kansas City Royals – The Royals actually have a slightly better record than the Reds, but they have been on an especially poor run of late, winning just 2 of their last 10 games.
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet MLB Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the game
MLB Betting Center
MLB Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|World Series Odds|
|AL Pennant Odds|
|NL Pennant Odds|
Latest MLB News:
- Updated 2023 World Series Odds After Opening Day
- MLB Betting Analysis for Opening Day of the Upcoming 2023 Season
- Texas Rangers and MLB Betting Odds: Jacob deGrom debut against the World Series Champions
- San Francisco Giants Betting Prediction: Road to the MLB 2023 Season
- MLB NL West Betting Predictions: LA Dodgers, San Diego Padres Betting Favorites and More