The MLB season is a long hard grind, and you can bet that every player will be taking advantage of the few days off that come with the All-Star Break. Over the years, we have seen teams seem to flourish after getting that short break and going on a second half run that took them to the playoffs. Whether we will see any of that this season remains to be seen, but what we can do now is look back at how teams closed out the first half. One of the best ways to do that is to look at the Week 15 MLB Power Rankings. It is easy to wonder how these rankings will look when we get to the end of the season, but let’s focus on the now and look at the top and bottom 5 teams so you can keep betting against the MLB Lines.
Power Rankings After Week 15 of the 2022 Season | MLB Betting Picks
- New York Yankees – The Yankees put together one of the best first half’s to a season in recent memory, winning 64 games before the break. They are, though, just 5-5 on their last 10, although they did close out the week with 2 straight wins.
- LA Dodgers – After slipping a spot in Week 14, the Dodgers are back up to #2 in the power rankings this week. No real surprise for a team that has won 4 in a row and 9 of their last 10 to build a 10-game lead in the West.
- Houston Astros – The Astros will be disappointed with how they closed out last week, losing to the lowly Oakland A’s on Sunday. They are still in control of the division, though, and have a 9-game lead over the hard charging Mariners.
- New York Mets – After dropping down to the #5 spot last week, the Mets were in danger of dropping out of the top 5, but a sweep of the Braves to start the week stopped that. They now hold a 2 ½ game lead in the East.
- Atlanta Braves – As we just mentioned, the Braves lost a chance to end the first half of the season on top of the East after putting in a poor showing against the Mets. Still, they have dramatically cut the lead in the division and will look to push on in the second half.
- Cincinnati Reds – Are we about to see the Reds hoist themselves out of the bottom 5 this coming week? They jumped up a pair of spots in this week’s rankings, thanks in large part to going 6-4 in their last 10.
- Chicago Cubs – The Cubs closed out last week, but it did not stop them from slipping further down the rankings, which is something that tend to happen when that lone victory was the first one in the last 10 games.
- Kansas City Royals – In the grand scheme of things, going .500 over the last 10 games is pretty good for a team in the position the Royals find themselves in. On the negative side of things, they did lose 3 in a row to close out the week.
- Oakland A’s – When you have just 32 victories through the first half of the season, you tend to take small victories where you can find them. Closing out the week with a win over the Houston Astros is a decent showing.
- Washington Nationals – Just a few years removed from a World Series win, the Washington Nationals are now in full rebuild mode. Their current standing shows you just how much work needs to be done.