Jayson Tatum and the Boston Celtics will look to stay on a red-hot roll by taking down James Harden and the Houston Rockets when the two NBA Finals hopefuls square off at the Toyota Center in Houston on Tuesday night. Now, with the C’s looking to extend their winning ways and the Rockets looking to snap out of a mini-slump, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NBA betting odds.
How to Bet Celtics vs Rockets NBA Odds & TV Info
- Who: Boston Celtics (37-15) at Houston Rockets (33-20)
- When: Tuesday February 11, 2020, 9:30 PM ET
- Where: Toyota Center, Houston, TX
- TV: NBA League Pass
- Radio: Celtics / Rockets
- NBA Odds: Rockets -2 (Total: 232)
Why Bet on Boston?
despite being on the road, there are some excellent reasons to back Boston in this matchup. First, the Celtics are on fire, having won seven straight games and nine of their last 10 games overall, including a thrilling 112-111 win over Oklahoma City on Sunday night. Boston got a team-high 27 points from Kemba Walker and 26 points and 11 rebounds from forward Jayson Tatum in the win.
"I just think the ability to stay with multiple guys on the court at once obviously is a benefit," Boston coach Brad Stevens told reporters after Sunday’s win. "We’re still managing some minutes a little bit, especially with Kemba (Walker) over the next few games and then probably even after, just to be smart about it. I thought a lot of our guys did a lot of good things and I thought the guys on the bench that played both in spot minutes and in large minutes did a really good job."
In addition to being on a roll right now, Boston also ranks second in points allowed (105.5 ppg) and a solid 12th in scoring (112.7 ppg) and their superior defense could give Houston trouble. Boston has gone a respectable 15-10 on the road this season. The Celtics have five double-digit scorers and three players averaging 20-plus points per night, led by Tatum’s team-high 22.2 points per game.
Boston Celtics 2020 NBA Betting Trends and Stats
- Boston are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Boston’s last 10 games.
- Boston are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games.
- Boston are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games against Houston.
- Boston are 3-9 SU in their last 12 games against Houston.
- Boston are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- Boston are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games when playing on the road against Houston.
- Boston are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Boston’s last 16 games against an opponent in the Western conference.
- Boston are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Southwest division.
- Total Score: 112.71
- Field Goal %: 46.35
- Three Point %: 36.28
- Free Throw %: 80.10
- Total Rebounds: 45.54
- Total Score: 105.52
- Field Goal %: 44.23
- Three Point %: 34.48
- Free Throw %: 75.49
- Total Rebounds: 43.77
Why Bet on Houston?
The Rockets have lost two straight, including a crushing 114-113 home loss against Utah on Sunday, so Houston should be very focused in this matchup. The Rockets got a team-high 39 points from Russell Westbrook and a triple-double of 28 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists from James Harden, but Houston allowed three Jazz players to top the 20-point plateau in the loss. Utah got the win on Bojan Bogdanovic’s last second three-pointer over Harden to seal the deal.
"We all saw it," Harden told reporters. "That’s a tough shot. I think I probably skimmed the ball. P.J. (Tucker) was on his body. I don’t know. It’s one of those tough shots. It hurt."
The Rockets have gone a solid 18-8 at home this season while ranking a stellar second in scoring (118.2 ppg), although Houston also ranks an uninspiring 22nd in points allowed (114.6 ppg).
Houston Rockets 2020 NBA Betting Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games.
- Houston are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Houston’s last 14 games against Boston.
- Houston are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- Houston are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games when playing at home against Boston.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston’s last 7 games this season.
- Houston are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- Houston are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games played in February.
- Total Score: 118.21
- Field Goal %: 45.16
- Three Point %: 34.77
- Free Throw %: 78.46
- Total Rebounds: 45.57
- Total Score: 114.64
- Field Goal %: 46.21
- Three Point %: 34.88
- Free Throw %: 76.57
- Total Rebounds: 46.85
Celtics vs Rockets Expert Analysis and Prediction
Houston has an explosive offense and they’re playing at home in this affair, but the Rockets are awful defensively and they suddenly want to play ‘small ball’ all of the time as they feature a starting lineup that does not include a player over 6-7. Unfortunately, I expect their lack of size to play perfectly into Boston’s hands in this contest.
The Rockets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up loss while Boston has gone a perfect 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games against a team with a winning percentage above .600 whole also going a near-perfect 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog. Boston has the better group of perimeter players in this matchup and I believe their outstanding defense will lead them to the narrow win and ATS cover in this one!
Boston 115 Houston 111 | Bet now