The Indiana Pacers will be looking to get back in the win column when they hit the road to take on the incendiary Toronto Raptors in their mid-week matchup of Eastern Conference title hopefuls on Wednesday night. With the Raptors looking to extend their league-best winning streak and Indiana looking for the big upset, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NBA odds for this Pacers vs Raptors.
Pacers vs Raptors 2020 NBA Spread, Game Info & Expert Preview
It’s @TangerineHoops Raptors Game Day!Going for 12 straight tonight. #WeTheNorth pic.twitter.com/cSunb5XDqg— Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) February 5, 2020
- When: Wednesday February 5, 2020 at 7:30 PM ET
- Where: Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, On
- TV: FS Indiana, TSN1/4/5, RDS2, NBA League Pass
- Radio: Toronto / Indiana
- NBA Odds: Toronto -6.5
- Total: 216.5
Why Bet On Indiana
The Pacers have dropped two straight games including a 112-103 loss against Dallas on Monday as they continue to incorporate all-star shooting guard Victor Oladipo back into the lineup after his length absence from a gruesome leg injury over a year ago. Domantas Sabonis put up a double-double of 26 points and 12 rebounds, but Oladipo has struggled in his return by failing to reach double digits in scoring in each of his three appearances this season. Oladipo has shot a dismal 8-of-39 from the floor, including 3-of-21 from 3-point range since making his way back to the court for the Pacers.
“You’ve got to play the game,” Indiana coach Nate McMillan told reporters. “This is his October. He’s trying to play himself into a rhythm. Some of those looks are open looks. He’s not going to get a rhythm unless he shoots it and gets his confidence. The only way to get that is to play.”
Oladipo is on a minutes restriction and is coming off the bench.
“I feel like I’m taking great shots,” Oladipo told reporters. “Feel like I’m in a rhythm, just can’t think about it. Just gotta keep shooting. I worked pretty much all summer on my jumper, changing stuff, so I just gotta let it fly, man. I missed a lot, obviously, a lot of basketball, and maybe the rhythm might be off.”
The Pacers are ranked a modest 20th in scoring (109.4 ppg), but have been impressive in limiting the opposition to 106.8 points per game defensively to rank seventh in points allowed.
- Total Score: 109.42
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.53
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.81
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.94
- Total Rebounds: 42.56
- Total Score: 106.84
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.76
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.30
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.74
- Total Rebounds: 44.92
Indiana Pacers NBA Betting Trends
- Pacers are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 Wednesday games.
- Pacers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a ATS loss.
- Pacers are 7-15-1 ATS in their last 23 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Pacers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog.
Why Bet On Toronto
The Raptors are the hottest team in the league right now, having won 11 straight games including a commanding 129-102 smackdown of Chicago on Sunday as reserve forward Terence Davis put up a career-high 31 points while adding four rebounds and one assist.
“It’s not surprising,” Toronto guard Fred VanVleet told reporters of Davis. “For most of us, we kind of saw what kind of player he was going to be early on. He just kept getting better and better throughout the year. He puts the work in. It’s really cool for all of us as teammates to see. … We’re all happy for him.”
The Raptors also got 15 points off the bench from backup power forward Chris Boucher in the win to help them improve to 18-7 on their home floor. Toronto ranks 12th in scoring (112.6 ppg) and a stellar third in points allowed (105.9 ppg).
- Total Score: 112.62
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.81
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.41
- Free Throw Percentage: 79.46
- Total Rebounds: 45.62
- Total Score: 105.90
- Field Goal Percentage: 42.67
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.51
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.97
- Total Rebounds: 46.76
Toronto Raptors NBA Betting Trends
- Raptors are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as a home favorite.
- Raptors are 9-3-1 ATS in their last 13 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Raptors are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Raptors are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games after scoring more than 125 points in their previous game.
- Raptors are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight up win of more than 10 points.
Pacers vs Raptors Expert Analysis and Prediction
While Indiana has won two straight against Toronto, including a 120-115 overtime win at home on Dec. 23, I like the red-hot raptors to extract some revenge against their conference rivals in this matchup, although I am going with the Pacers to narrowly cover the chalk as a 6.5-point road dog. While the Raptors have gone 4-0 ATS in their last 4 home games and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall, Indiana has gone 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up loss and 6-2 ATS in their last 8 road games. Simply put, I like the Pacers to push the Raptors for the outright win, before coming up just short down the stretch.
Pick: Toronto 111 Indiana 107