While some look at the NBA regular season as nothing more than a long stretch of games to decide the playoff rankings, there are many teams out there who look at their final conference standings as a mark of progress. This is especially true for a team that has missed out on the playoffs or who have not landed on top of the conference for years, if ever.
The Houston Rockets winning the Western Conference last season came as a surprise to many who believed that the Golden State Warriors were once again a shoo-in. While the Warriors got the last laugh by winning the NBA Finals, it was still a solid achievement for Houston. This season, it is the Denver Nuggets who are pushing the champions all the way, as they are sitting just off the pace being set by Golden State at the top of the West. The Nuggets will be looking to edge a little closer with a home win on Tuesday night, but they are in for a tough one with the #3 ranked Oklahoma City Thunder coming to town. Denver is a 3-point favorite, with the point total set at 238.
Thunder vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
Planning out the week. One game at a time.🎥 // Today’s Practice Report pic.twitter.com/bnAXOkBRai— OKC THUNDER (@okcthunder) 25 de febrero de 2019
- When: Tuesday, February 26 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: Pepsi Center, Denver
- TV: TNT
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Denver Nuggets -3 (Total 238)
Why bet on the Oklahoma City Thunder?
The Oklahoma City Thunder are currently occupying the #3 spot in the Western Conference, 3 ½ games back of the pace being set by the Golden State Warriors. The likelihood of them closing that gap in the final weeks of the season seems somewhat slim, but they will certainly believe that they can catch the Nuggets, who they trail by 3 games. Certainly, a win here would help that cause, but the issue with that is that OKC has lost to Denver in each of their last 4 meetings, which includes 2 earlier meetings from this season.
Further compounding the issue is that you need to go back to 2017 to find the last time that the Thunder picked up the W in Denver. OKC is coming off a loss, but they are still 7-3 in their last 10 games. They have failed to cover in each of their last 3, but they are 6-3 ATS as a road underdog this season.
- Total Score: 115.98
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.08
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.23
- Free Throw Percentage: 71.96
- Total Rebounds: 48.07
- Total Score: 110.95
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.93
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.87
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.69
- Total Rebounds: 45.56
Why bet on the Denver Nuggets?
The Nuggets hit a little bump in the road, losing ground to the Warriors when they recently went on a minor 3-game losing skid, but they appear to have recovered from that, as they come into this one as the winners of 4 straight. It’s no real surprise that 3 of those 4 wins came at home, as this is a team that has been nothing short of brilliant in their own building, posting a 26-4 record at home.
They have also been a fabulous bet against the spread when playing at home, going 21-9, which is an ATS record that would have delivered a very nice profit had you bet on the Nuggets in all those games. As a home favorite, they are 19-8 ATS.
- Total Score: 112.20
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.12
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.49
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.30
- Total Rebounds: 46.78
- Total Score: 106.85
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.75
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.25
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.93
- Total Rebounds: 41.76
Thunder vs Nuggets NBA Betting Trends
- Oklahoma City is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Oklahoma City is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Oklahoma City’s last 6 games on the road
- Denver is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games at home
- Denver is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Denver’s last 10 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction
Given how the Nuggets have played in their own building, as well as their recent domination of the Thunder, it’s tough to see Denver dropping this one. I have Denver winning and covering the spread on Tuesday night.
Score: Oklahoma City Thunder 114 – Denver Nuggets 119