As we head into what is going to be a busy holiday season in the NBA, it is once again time to take a look at the current Power Rankings, according to ESPN. What we are seeing this week is that there is not a ton of movement at the top, although there is a new entry into the top 5. As we always do, we are going to look at the top and bottom 5 in the Power Rankings. These rankings might help you make some better picks when handicapping the games coming this week. With that said, let’s get right to our Power Rankings list for week 8 so you can get all set to make your bets against the NBA odds.
NBA Betting: Power Rankings Update for Week 8 of 2021 Season
- Golden State Warriors – It’s a close call between the two teams at the top, but the nod for the #1 spot once again goes to the Golden State Warriors. They are at 19-4 on the season, and while they closed out last week with a loss, they are 8-2 in their last 10.
- Phoenix Suns – You would certainly be excused for having the Suns as your #1 pick, as they have been on fire of late. Like the Warriors, they lost their last game, but they are a stellar 9-1 in their last 10, going to 19-4 overall.
- Brooklyn Nets – We have a common theme going in that the top 3 stayed the same as last week and all ended the previous week’s action with a loss. The Nets are 16-7 overall and have gone 7-3 in their last 10 to take the lead in the Eastern Conference.
- Chicago Bulls – It was a big week for the Bulls, who cracked the top 5, moving up from their #7 spot last week. They have now won each of their last 3 games and are sitting just off the pace being set by the Nets at the top of the East.
- Milwaukee Bucks – When you have a team moving into the top 5, someone has to fall. That would be the Bucks, who are down one spot from last week. It’s a bit of a surprise given that they have won 9 of their last 10 games.
- Houston Rockets – Last week, we mentioned that the Rockets would likely be stuck in the bottom of the rankings for the rest of the season, but they jumped 4 spots to #26. That is all thanks to a stellar 6-game win streak.
- New Orleans Pelicans – It continues to be a struggle for the Pelicans as they wait for Zion Williamson to return from injury. They come into the new week on the heels of a loss, but they have gone .500 over the last 10 games.
- Orlando Magic – There is actually some movement in the bottom 5, with the Magic also moving up a spot from last week. That’s not a lotto be proud of, though, as they are still struggling, going 2-8 in their last 10 games.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – The slide towards the bottom continues for the Thunder, who are now on a streak of 8 straight losses. That has them at just 1-9 over the last 10 games.
- Detroit Pistons – Another team on a major skid is the Pistons, who have also lost each of their last 8 games. They have the worst record in the league at just 4-18.
NBA Betting Center
NBA Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
Latest NBA News:
- NBA Championship Odds and Picks: Denver Nuggets on the Radar to Win
- Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics Odds, Predictions in 5th Game of the Eastern Conference Finals
- LA Lakers and NBA Betting News: “It was cool, a pretty cool ride”
- Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat Odds, Predictions in 4th Game of the Eastern Conference Finals
- Denver Nuggets vs LA Lakers Odds, Predictions in 4th Game of the Western Conference Finals