Expect one of the first round’s most competitive matches when 4-Arkansas takes on 13-Vermont in Buffalo, New York on Thursday night. The West Region battle pits two of the top squads in the country against each other. Will the higher seed prevail? Or will upperclassmen-laden Vermont show the Razorbacks why they’re a wise guy choice to make it to the Sweet 16? Check out March Madness Odds, analysis, and a free pick for Arkansas Razorbacks versus Vermont Catamounts.
Men’s College Basketball West Region: #4 Arkansas vs #13 Vermont
Arkansas Razorbacks versus Vermont Catamounts Betting Info
- When: Thursday, March 17 at 9:20 pm ET
- Where: KeyBank Center, Buffalo, NY
- TV/Streaming: TNT
- Spread Odds: Arkansas -5
- Moneyline Odds: Vermont +180 / Arkansas -220
- Total Odds: O 139 ½ -110 / U 139 ½ -110
Why bet on Arkansas versus Vermont?
Arkansas has one of the nation’s best defenses. The Arkansas Razorbacks allow 68.2 points per game. Opponents shoot just 40.9% from the field and just 32.6% from three. JD Notae has become a star. The 6’ 2” guard averages 18.9 points, 4.4 boards, and 3.6 assists per game. Arkansas’ speed should give the Catamounts fits.
Arkansas Razorbacks Offensive Averages
- Points/G: 77.3
- FG %: 44.0
- 3PT %: 31.1
- FT %: 74.9
- Rebounds/G: 35.3
Arkansas Razorbacks Defensive Averages
- Points/G: 68.2
- FG %: 40.9
- 3PT %: 32.6
- FT %: 72.3
- Rebounds/G: 31.5
Why bet on #13 Vermont versus #4 Arkansas?
Vermont has lost 5 games this season, but 4-of-5 losses happened before Dec. 8. Not only that, but the fifth loss happened in overtime to underdog Hartford. During the American East Tournament, Vermont blasted all three of their opponents, covering the spread in 3 straight and the spreads were enormous: -23 versus NJIT, -21 versus Binghamton and -16 against UMBC.
Vermont Catamounts Offensive Averages
- Points/G: 74.0
- FG %: 48.6
- 3PT %: 35.8
- FT %: 75.1
- Rebounds/G: 31.9
Vermont Catamounts Defensive Averages
- Points/G: 61.5
- FG %: 41.4
- 3PT %: 34.4%
- FT %: 69.2%
- Rebounds/G: 27.4
#4 Arkansas Razorbacks vs #13 Vermont Catamounts Betting Trends
- Catamounts are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games following a win of 20 or more points
- Vermont is 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games on a Thursday
- Under is 5-1 in the Catamounts last 6 games
- Razorbacks are 14-3-1 ATS in their last 18 games
- Arkansas is 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games on a Thursday
- Over is 6-0 in the Razorbacks’ last 6 games
#4 Arkansas Razorbacks vs #13 Vermont Catamounts Betting Analysis
Not only did Vermont beat their three opponents in the American East Tournament, but they dominated. The Catamounts blasted NJIT 98-59, destroyed Binghamton 74-42, and took apart UMBC 82-43.
Granted, Arkansas is much better than any of those three teams. But the Razorbacks shoot less than 32% from three and only 44% from the field.
So to beat the Catamounts, Arkansas must turn the game into a shootout. That probably won’t happen and if it does, Vermont can run almost as well as Arkansas.
More importantly, Arkansas lost 64-82 to Texas A&M in their last. In that game, the Razorbacks shot just 43% from the field and 17% from three. Vermont’s top player, Ryan Davis, averages 57.9% from the field and 40% from three.
Any way we look at this matchup, Vermont has the edge. All five of Vermont’s starters are seniors. If Arkansas doubles Davis, he can throw it to guard Ben Shungu, who shoots 52.1% from the field and 43.6% from three. Forget the spread. The Catamounts win this straight up.
NCAAM Pick: Vermont Moneyline
College Basketball Betting Center
NCAAB Odds and Lines
|March Madness Odds|
|NIT | CIT | CBI|
Latest College Basketball News:
- NCAAM Sweet 16 Underdogs: Dark Horses to Survive and Advance
- March Madness 2nd Round Lines: #10 Penn State vs. #2 Texas Betting Preview
- March Madness 2nd Round Lines: #6 Kentucky vs. #3 Kansas State Betting Preview
- March Madness 2nd Round Lines: #6 TCU vs. #3 Gonzaga Betting Preview
- March Madness 2nd Round Lines: #6 Creighton vs. #3 Baylor Betting Preview