While some teams are coming into this weekend with a shot at winning a division, landing the #1 seed, or simply just making the playoffs, there are many more already looking ahead to the 2022 NFL draft. This is a bit of a strange year in that it is not a great draft for those teams in need of a QB, although as we have seen this season, which was a string QB draft year, you just never know who is going to succeed when making the leap from college to the pro game. Regardless of the situation under center, this is still a chance for the bottom feeders in the league to add some legitimate talent to their roster, but what order are we currently looking at for the NFL Draft? Let’s take a look at how it would look if the season ended today so you can start planning your bets against the NFL Draft odds.
Updated 2022 Draft Teams Order | NFL Betting
- Jacksonville Jaguars – With a record of 2-14, the Jaguars once again look like a lock to have the opening pick in the draft. They could potentially move down with a win this weekend, but those winds have been mighty hard to come by. We have yet to see the best out of last year’s #1 pick overall, Trevor Lawrence, so the Jaguars would love to get him some help or protection with the top pick, assuming they hold on.
- Detroit Lions – The Lions also only have 2 wins on the year, but they slip into the #2 spot after also picking up a tie against the Steelers earlier in the year. They cannot drop any lower than their current position, but they can potentially move into the top pick if the Jags win. As I have already said, I would not count on that.
- New York Jets – Here is where things get interesting, as we could potentially see some change in the order outside of the top two. The Jets are 4-12 and also have the 7th pick in the draft. Dropping down a spot or two might not hurt them that much given that they have a pair of picks in the top 10, so we may see them do some wheeling and dealing on draft day.
- Houston Texans – The Texans are also at 4-12 and with a game this weekend against the Tennessee Titans, who are on the hunt for the #1 seed in the AFC, seeing them drop any further seems unlikely. It will be interesting to see what they do with DeShaun Watson in the offseason, as he may end up being used for trade bait and more picks.
- New York Giants – Another team sitting at 4-12 and another team with a pair of picks in the top 10. They are also at #8 after a trade with the Chicago Bears a while back. The Giants are at home to Washington this weekend, so there is a chance that they might win that one and potentially drop, although that would also depend on what happens with the Carolina Panthers, who are sitting in the #6 spot with a 5-11 record.
This is more than likely going to be the first 5 teams to pick in the NFL Draft, but with trades and such, we may see some changes to come.
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NFL Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
NFL Betting Center
NFL Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|Super Bowl Odds|
|AFC Champion Odds|
|NFC Champion Odds|
Latest NFL News:
- 2023 NFL Mock Draft Trade Proposals That Could Reshape the Odds to Win the Super Bowl
- NFL Betting News: Lamar Jackson in doubt for 2023 Season with Baltimore
- NFL Draft Betting News: CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Favorites, Picks and More
- NFL Betting News: Derek Carr and Saints, Jets Hoping For Aaron Rodgers
- 2023 NFL Draft News: Georgia Defensive Star Jalen Carter Could Fall After Arrest