The Buffalo Bills host the Miami Dolphins in a meaningful game for both teams. The Dolphins are looking for something positive to happen this season while the Bills are in a tie with Cincinnati and Tennessee for home field advantage in the playoffs. Since the Titans beat Buffalo, the Bills would lose any tie breaker with Tennessee. Will the Bills show why so many rank them the best team in the NFL? Will Miami grab a signature victory over a top rival? Keep reading for NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Miami versus Buffalo.</>
NFL Betting Preview for Miami Dolphins vs Buffalo Bills
NFL Week 8: Miami at Buffalo Game Odds & Info
- When: Sunday, Oct. 31 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: Highmark Stadium, Orchard Park, NY
- TV / Streaming: CBS / Paramount +
- ATS Odds: Buffalo -13 ½
- Moneyline Odds: Miami +590 / Buffalo -840
- Over/Under Odds: 49 ½
Why bet on Miami versus Buffalo?
Miami averages 18.1 points per, but there are signs the Dolphins offense is coming to life. In the loss to Atlanta on Oct. 24, the Fins rushed for 132 yards from 29 carries. Tua Tagovailoa completed 32-of-40 for 291 yards. Tua threw a couple of picks, but he also tossed 4 touchdowns. Miami scored 28 points. If the Dolphins offense has the same success on Sunday, Miami can keep this to within the spread.
Miami Dolphins Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 307.6
- Passing Yards: 227.4
- Rushing Yards: 80.1
- Points Scored: 18.1
- Turnovers: 11
Miami Dolphins Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 414.9
- Passing Yards: 297.1
- Rushing Yards: 117.7
- Points Scored: 29.6
- Takeaways: 9
Why bet on Buffalo versus Miami?
Buffalo heads into this after their bye. That alone gives them an edge. Another edge? The Bills trounced the Dolphins 35-0 in a road win earlier this season. Buffalo failed to keep their winning streak alive in their last. But that was because the defense couldn’t stop Derrick Henry. Miami’s rushing game isn’t close to being as effective as Tennessee’s.
Buffalo Bills Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 411.5
- Passing Yards: 280.8
- Rushing Yards: 130.7
- Points Scored: 33.8
- Turnovers: 5
Buffalo Bills Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 270.2
- Passing Yards: 180.5
- Rushing Yards: 89.7
- Points Scored: 16.3
- Takeaways: 14
Dolphins at Bills Relevant Trends
- Dolphins are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games on turf
- Miami is 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
- Over is 6-1 in Dolphins’ last 7 games on field turf
- Bills are 5-0 ATS versus a team with a losing record
- Buffalo is 4-1 ATS in their last 5
- Under is 7-0 in Bills’ last 7 games following a straight up loss
Dolphins at Bills Relevant Trends
If Miami were the team playing off a bye, they’d be a strong play. But the Dolphins aren’t, which is why we can’t give Tua and the Fins the benefit of the doubt to cover.
Buffalo has been the most consistent team this season. The loss to Tennessee shouldn’t have happened and probably wouldn’t have if not for suspect play-calling.
In any case, the Bills rank first in total yards allowed, first in passing yards allowed, and second in points allowed. Opponents average 16.7 versus Buffalo.
When Josh Allen and the offense has the ball, the Bills are impossible to stop from scoring touchdowns. Buffalo ranks second in points scored each contest at 33.8 per game.
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NFL Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
NFL Betting Center
NFL Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|Super Bowl Odds|
|AFC Champion Odds|
|NFC Champion Odds|
Latest NFL News:
- NFL Draft Betting News: CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Favorites, Picks and More
- NFL Betting News: Derek Carr and Saints, Jets Hoping For Aaron Rodgers
- 2023 NFL Draft News: Georgia Defensive Star Jalen Carter Could Fall After Arrest
- NFL Super Bowl 58 Betting Odds: Early Analysis, Tips and More
- Derek Carr NFL Betting Odds for 2023/24 Season With?