It’s easy to start making prediction about the divisions and potential playoff matchups after seeing every team reach the midway point of the season. It’s also very often a bad idea to do so, as things can change quite dramatically in the second half, especially when the injuries start to pile up. When it comes to making predictions, though, all we can do is look at what teams have delivered through the opening 8 weeks of the season. With that in mind, we would all certainly expect to see the Buffalo Bills bounce back from defeat and get back to winning ways when hosting the Washington Redskins this coming weekend.
As last weekend showed, though, things are not as predictable as we might expect, with the Redskins making the Vikings work very hard to get their win. Still, this very much looks like a mismatch, but the Bills are going to need to prove that their strong start to the season is not just a flash in the pan. The Bills are in as a pretty solid favorite at home, with the bookies listing them as a 9 ½ point dog. The point total for this one has been set at 37.
Redskins vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 9 Spread, Game Preview & Prediction
- When: Sunday, November 3 at 1 PM EST
- Where: New Era Field, Buffalo
- TV: FOX
- NFL Week 9 Odds: Bills -9.5
Why bet on the Washington Redskins?
There really isn’t very much to like about this Redskins team this season, as they come into Week 9 of the season with a 1-6 record. That lone win this year came against the Miami Dolphins, a team that has yet to pick up a win this season. Overall now, the Redskins are just 1-9 SU in their last 10 games and they also have just 1 win in their last 7 meetings with the Buffalo Bills.
While the Redskins covered in a 19-9 loss to the Minnesota Vikings last week, they are still just 2-5 ATS in their 7 games this season. In their last 13 games versus teams from the AFC East, the Redskins are just 1-11-1 ATS, which includes going 1-6 ATS versus the Buffalo Bills in their last 7 meetings.
- Average Score For: 12.38
- Total Yards: 260.75
- Pass Yards: 176
- Rush Yards: 84.75
- Average Score Against: 24.38
- Total Yards: 378.38
- Pass Yards: 240.63
- Rush Yards: 137.75
Why bet on the Buffalo Bills?
There were a lot of people surprised to see the Buffalo Bills jump out to a 5-1 record to start the season, with their lone loss coming at the hands of the New England Patriots. A lot of those folks have been sitting waiting for the Bills bubble to burst, which means that the spotlight is now very much on them after losing 31-13 to the Philadelphia Eagles last weekend.
The strange thing with the Bills is that they are just 2-2 at home this season while remaining unbeaten on the road. It’s a similar story when you look at the Buffalo Bills against the spread. They have gone 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games, but they are also just 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games at home.
- Average Score For: 20.17
- Total Yards: 361.16
- Pass Yards: 225.33
- Rush Yards: 135.83
- Average Score Against: 15.17
- Total Yards: 292.67
- Pass Yards: 201.17
- Rush Yards: 91.50
NFL Week 9 Betting Trends for Redskins vs Bills
- Redskins are 2-5 ATS in the last 7 games
- Redskins are 1-9 SU in the last 10 games
- The total went UNDER in 5 of Washington’s last 5 games
- Bills are 6-3 ATS in the last 9 games
- Bills are 6-2 SU in the last 8 games
- The total went UNDER in 5 of Buffalo’s last 7 games
Redskins vs Bills Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
The mark of a good team is their ability to bounce back after a tough loss. The Bills did it after losing to the Patriots and I think they will do it again this week. I like the Bills D to shut down the Redskins on their way to a win and a cover of the spread.
NFL Free Pick: Washington Redskins 6 Buffalo Bills 30
More NFL Week 9 Betting News
- NFL Picks Week Nine (Ep. 747)
- Cowboys vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- 49ers vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Lions vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 9 Lines & Expert Preview
- Buccaneers vs Seahawks 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Titans vs Panthers 2019 NFL Week 9 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Jets vs Dolphins 2019 NFL Week 9 Lines & Game Analysis
- Colts vs Steelers 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Texans vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 9 Lines, Game Info & Analysis
- Bears vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 9 Betting Lines & Preview
- Vikings vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- 2019 NFL Week 9 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- 2019 NFL Week 9 Over/Under Betting Picks