For the second straight season, a team will play for the Lombardi Trophy on their field. Last season, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won the Super Bowl at Raymond James Stadium. This season, the Rams hope to win Super Bowl 56 at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood. If the Rams are going to win the SB, they must do the following four things. Let’s get right to it so you can bet against their Super Bowl Odds.
How can the Rams Beat the Bengals to win the Super Bowl
Super Bowl LVI
- When: Sunday, Feb. 13
- Where: SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, CA
- TV/Streaming: NBC / Peacock
- ATS Odds: LAR -4 ½
- Moneyline Odds: LAR -190 / Cincinnati +155
- Over/Under Total: 48 ½
Top Four Things the Rams Must do to Win Super Bowl 56
- The defense can’t let Joe Burrow escape the pocket
Joe Burrow is a master at escaping a collapsing pocket. He repeatedly did so during the playoffs. It’s one of the reasons the Bengals upset the Titans and Chiefs on the road.
If the Rams hope to beat the Bengals, they can’t allow Escape Artist Joe to get out of trouble. Once Burrow gets out of trouble, he often finds the open receiver. So the Rams’ defense must keep Burrow contained.
- Players other than Jalen Ramsey must step up on Tee Higgins, C.J. Uzomah, Joe Mixon, and Tyler Boyd
Jalen Ramsey must stick to Ja’Marr Chase like glue. Ramsey is one of the most talented cornerbacks in the NFL. But if the Rams try to play a zone defense against the Bengals, Burrow will throw all day to his former LSU teammate.
So if Ramsey is on Chase, who will cover Burrow’s other targets? Tee Higgins is a monster. The 6’ 4” wideout can bully the Rams’ other secondary players besides Ramsey.
Some one other than Jalen must contain Higgins, Cincinnati’s excellent tight end C.J. Uzomah, Joe Mixon out of the backfield, and Tyler Boyd. Stopping Chase won’t be enough. The Rams must also account for Cincinnati’s other receivers.
- Matthew Stafford must get Odell Beckham Jr. involved
Staff loves to throw the ball to Cooper Kupp. Any quarterback would love to throw to Kupp.
But on Sunday, Stafford can’t just throw to Cooper. He must get Odell Beckham Jr. involved because a) Beckham Jr. is impossible to stop one-on-one and b) the Bengals must defend against Kupp, which means Odell should be open on plenty of plays.
If Staff doesn’t throw Odell the ball, the Rams won’t win.
- The Rams have to run the football
This could be an issue. The Rams average less than 100 rushing yards per game. Both Cam Akers and Sony Michel are decent running backs but they aren’t on Joe Mixon’s level.
One of the two must step it up. Either Akers or Michel must have a good game for the Rams to win.
If Los Angeles hopes to win the Super Bowl by leaning on Matthew Stafford and the passing game, they will be in trouble because Sam Hubbard and Trey Hendrickson make up one of the league’s best defensive end duos.
So either Akers or Michel must keep the Cincinnati defense on its toes by racking up rushing yards for the Rams to win the Lombardi Trophy.
NFL Betting Center
NFL Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|Super Bowl Odds|
|AFC Champion Odds|
|NFC Champion Odds|
Latest NFL News:
- NFL Draft Betting News: CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Favorites, Picks and More
- NFL Betting News: Derek Carr and Saints, Jets Hoping For Aaron Rodgers
- 2023 NFL Draft News: Georgia Defensive Star Jalen Carter Could Fall After Arrest
- NFL Super Bowl 58 Betting Odds: Early Analysis, Tips and More
- Derek Carr NFL Betting Odds for 2023/24 Season With?