One of the most underappreciated rivalries in the National Football League happens on Monday night when the Chicago Bears host the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings can’t get out of their own way while the Bears showed heart in the loss to the Green Bay Packers in Week 14. Will Chicago finally put it all together? Will the Vikings stop shooting themselves in the foot? Check out NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for the NFL Monday Night Football clash between the Minnesota Vikings and the Chicago Bears.
NFL Betting Preview for Minnesota Vikings vs Chicago Bears
NFL Week 15 | Vikings at Chicago Game Betting Odds & Info
- When: Monday, Dec. 20 at 8:15 pm ET
- Where: Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
- TV / Streaming: ESPN / ESPN+
- ATS Odds: Minnesota -3 ½
- Moneyline Odds: Minnesota -195 / Chicago +165
- Over/Under Odds: 45 ½
Why bet on Minnesota versus Chicago?
Although the Vikings have struggled this season, Minnesota can put together two great back-to-back performances. In Week 10, Minnesota beat the Chargers 20-17. The Vikings followed up the win with a 34-31 victory over Green Bay in Week 11. Minnesota held off the Steelers 36-28 in Week 14. The Vikings should carry momentum from that win into this.
Minnesota Vikings Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 390.5
- Passing Yards: 267.4
- Rushing Yards: 123.2
- Points Scored: 26.5
- Turnovers: 11
Minnesota Vikings Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 381.5
- Passing Yards: 251.9
- Rushing Yards: 129.5
- Points Scored: 25.6
- Takeaways: 16
Why bet on Chicago versus Minnesota?
The 4-9 Bears played a great first half in their eventual 45-30 loss to the Green Bay Packers. Chicago’s offense looked fantastic while the defense held its won versus the Packers. Things fell apart in the second half for Da Bears, but the first half was fantastic. Chicago should be able to keep it together at home versus a worse opponent than the Packers. Expect rookie Justin Fields to improve off the decent performance against Green Bay.
Chicago Bears Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 302.5
- Passing Yards: 176.5
- Rushing Yards: 126.0
- Points Scored: 17.8
- Turnovers: 22
Chicago Bears Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 336.5
- Passing Yards: 216.5
- Rushing Yards: 120.0
- Points Scored: 25.5
- Takeaways: 10
Vikings versus Bears Relevant Trends
- Vikings are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games as a favorite
- Minnesota is 0-7 ATS versus a team with a losing record
- Over is 8-1 in the Vikings’ last 9 on the road
- Bears are 3-13 ATS in their last 16 games
- Chicago is 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings
- Over is 4-1 ATS in the Bears’ last 5 games on grass
Minnesota Vikings at Chicago Bears Final Betting Prediction
Neither squad is very good against the spread, which makes this one of the toughest games to handicap. One thing to note is how the Minnesota Vikings almost blew it against Pittsburgh.
The almost loss came on the heels of a straight up defeat to the previously unbeaten Detroit Lions. So we shouldn’t look past Minnesota’s ability to play down to their competition.
Justin Fields has a long way to go before becoming an effective quarterback in the NFL. However, he’s got ability for days. The things Justin must work on is reading defenses and making the right decision.
Fields played for the first time against the Packers since a Nov. 21 game versus the Baltimore Ravens. He should improve after the better than expected performance versus GB, making Chicago the lukewarm pick to cover.
NFL Week 15 Pick: Chicago Bears
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NFL Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
NFL Betting Center
NFL Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|Super Bowl Odds|
|AFC Champion Odds|
|NFC Champion Odds|
Latest NFL News:
- 2023 NFL Mock Draft Trade Proposals That Could Reshape the Odds to Win the Super Bowl
- NFL Betting News: Lamar Jackson in doubt for 2023 Season with Baltimore
- NFL Draft Betting News: CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Favorites, Picks and More
- NFL Betting News: Derek Carr and Saints, Jets Hoping For Aaron Rodgers
- 2023 NFL Draft News: Georgia Defensive Star Jalen Carter Could Fall After Arrest