On Sunday, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers hope to get back on track. In NFL Week 15, Tampa lost a tough game to the rival New Orleans Saints. The Carolina Panthers are reeling. So there’s a good chance Tampa wins the game, but will Tom Brady and his teammates cover a massive spread? Keep reading for NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Tampa Bay at Carolina.
NFL Betting Preview for Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Carolina Panthers Game Odds & Info | NFL Week 16 Betting
- When: Sunday, Dec. 26 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC
- TV / Streaming: FOX / Fox Sports
- ATS Odds: Tampa Bay -10
- Moneyline Odds: Tampa Bay -460 / Carolina +355
- Over/Under Odds: 43
Why bet on Tampa Bay versus Carolina?
The Buccaneers’ offense can’t be stopped. Tampa averages over 402 yards per game, ranking first in the NFL. Even though the Saints stopped the Bucs from scoring a single point, New Orleans’ defense is playing much better than Carolina’s. Expect Brady and the offense to have big time success against a Panthers’ defense that’s tired and wants the season to end.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 402.4
- Passing Yards: 304.9
- Rushing Yards: 97.6
- Points Scored: 29.3
- Turnovers: 18
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 333.6
- Passing Yards: 244.6
- Rushing Yards: 89.0
- Points Scored: 21.9
- Takeaways: 25
Why bet on Carolina versus Tampa Bay?
Coach Matt Ruhle said both Cam Newton and Sam Darnold will play in this game, which implies Ruhle has a strategy to keep the Buccaneers’ defense on their toes. Playing Newton and Darnold doesn’t mean the Panthers will win this game. But Carolina backers have 10 points to work with. Also, Tampa doesn’t often play as well on the road as they do at home.
Carolina Panthers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 308.1
- Passing Yards: 195.4
- Rushing Yards: 112.6
- Points Scored: 19.4
- Turnovers: 24
Carolina Panthers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 294.4
- Passing Yards: 178.8
- Rushing Yards: 115.6
- Points Scored: 22.4
- Takeaways: 16
Buccaneers vs Panthers Relevant Trends
- Buccaneers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- Tampa Bay is 2-5 ATS in their last 7 on the road
- Under is 5-0 in the Buccaneers’ last 5 versus a team with a losing record
- Panthers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 meetings in Carolina
- Carolina is 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
- Over is 5-0 in the Panthers’ last 5 games
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers Final Betting Prediction
If we just look at the records of both teams, it’s obvious Tampa is the much better squad. But the Buccaneers don’t enter this game playing their best football.
Tampa Bay had no answer for the Saints’ defense in Week 15. Brady should bounce back with a good game, but he may have to improvise because his top target, Chris Godwin, is on injured reserve.
Not only that, but starting running back Leonard Fournette is out until the playoffs, which means Ronald Jones Jr. and LeVeon Bell, whom the Bucs signed earlier in the week, will carry the pigskin.
Carolina’s defense is decent. It fell apart versus the Bills, but that was in a road game versus a desperate team that had to win. The Panthers should have more success containing Brady than it did containing Josh Allen.
The Panthers winning this game is a longshot. But Carolina should keep it closer than the spread. Panthers ATS is the play.
NFL Week 16 Pick: Carolina Panthers
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NFL Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
NFL Betting Center
NFL Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|Super Bowl Odds|
|AFC Champion Odds|
|NFC Champion Odds|
Latest NFL News:
- NFL Draft Betting News: CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Favorites, Picks and More
- NFL Betting News: Derek Carr and Saints, Jets Hoping For Aaron Rodgers
- 2023 NFL Draft News: Georgia Defensive Star Jalen Carter Could Fall After Arrest
- NFL Super Bowl 58 Betting Odds: Early Analysis, Tips and More
- Derek Carr NFL Betting Odds for 2023/24 Season With?