The scorching Dallas Cowboys head to Minnesota on Sunday to take on the Vikings in a game that most NFL oddsmakers believes comes down to the final possession. The Boys are just 2 ½ point favorites. Will the Cowboys continue their moneyline and spread line winning streaks? Or will the Vikings bring Dallas back to earth? See below for NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Dallas at Minnesota.
NFL Week 8: Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings
- When: Sunday, Oct. 31 at 8:20 pm ET
- Where: U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
- TV / Streaming: NBC / Peacock
- ATS Odds: Dallas -2 ½
- Moneyline Odds: Dallas -140 / Minnesota +120
- Over/Under Odds: 55
Why bet on Dallas versus Minnesota?
Dallas ranks first in total yards per game at 460.8 and first in average points scored per at 34.2. The Cowboys might be the only team that has a top five running back in Ezekiel Elliott, a top five quarterback in Dak Prescott, and a top five wide receiver in Amari Cooper. The Cowboys’ offensive line is ridiculous and the defense has gotten better week to week. Most importantly? Dallas is 6-0 against the spread in 6 games.
Dallas Cowboys Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 460.8
- Passing Yards: 296.5
- Rushing Yards: 164.3
- Points Scored: 34.2
- Turnovers: 7
Dallas Cowboys Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 381.2
- Passing Yards: 295.0
- Rushing Yards: 86.2
- Points Scored: 24.3
- Takeaways: 14
Why bet on Minnesota versus Dallas?
No doubt, the Dallas Cowboys have the top offense in the NFL. But Minnesota’s offense isn’t bad. In fact, Kirk Cousins has become one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL. Dalvin Cook might be the best running back in the league after Tennessee’s Derrick Henry. On their home field, Kirk and Dalvin have an edge over Dak and Zeke.
Minnesota Vikings Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 414.2
- Passing Yards: 286.3
- Rushing Yards: 127.8
- Points Scored: 24.5
- Turnovers: 5
Minnesota Vikings Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 358.3
- Passing Yards: 230.3
- Rushing Yards: 128.0
- Points Scored: 22.8
- Takeaways: 7
Cowboys at Vikings Relevant Trends
- Cowboys are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games
- Dallas is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games on field turf
- Over is 4-0 in Cowboys’ last 4 games
- Vikings are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 home games
- Minnesota is 3-10 ATS in their last 13 games
- Under is 4-1 in Vikings last 5 home games
Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings Final Betting Prediction
Oddsmakers and NFL handicappers are so far giving the Vikings the benefit of the doubt. If Dallas were such a lock, they’d be more than a 2 ½ points chalk.
After all, no team has beaten the Cowboys against the spread this season. Not only that, but Dallas would be undefeated if not for a couple of unlucky bounces versus Tampa in their first game.
But although Minnesota has a good offense and a decent defense, Dallas’ offense is on another level. The Boys rank fifth in passing yards per contest and second in rushing yards each game.
Kirk Cousins and the Vikings’ offense should score some points. It’s difficult seeing Cousins and Minnesota keeping up with Prescott and the Cowboys, though. Again, Minnesota is a good team, but Dallas is an offensive juggernaut. Cowboys cover.
NFL Week 8 Pick: Bet the Dallas Cowboys Now!
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NFL Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
NFL Betting Center
NFL Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|Super Bowl Odds|
|AFC Champion Odds|
|NFC Champion Odds|
Latest NFL News:
- 2023 NFL Mock Draft Trade Proposals That Could Reshape the Odds to Win the Super Bowl
- NFL Betting News: Lamar Jackson in doubt for 2023 Season with Baltimore
- NFL Draft Betting News: CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Favorites, Picks and More
- NFL Betting News: Derek Carr and Saints, Jets Hoping For Aaron Rodgers
- 2023 NFL Draft News: Georgia Defensive Star Jalen Carter Could Fall After Arrest