Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills head to Jacksonville to take on Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars in a game that could produce a lot of against the spread drama. Although nobody believes Lawrence and the Jags pull off the moneyline upset, the Bills face a somewhat daunting task covering a -14 ½ spread versus a team with a better than it looks offense. Can Buffalo cover a more than two touchdown spread a week after beating the Miami Dolphins by 15? Or will Lawrence and the Jags provide the Bills a scare? Keep reading for NFL odds, analysis, and a free pick for Buffalo at Jacksonville.
NFL Betting Preview for Buffalo Bills vs Jacksonville Jaguars
NFL Week 9 Betting: Buffalo at Jacksonville Game Odds & Info
- When: Sunday, Nov. 7 at 1:00 pm ET
- Where: TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, FL
- TV / Streaming: CBS / Paramount +
- ATS Odds: Buffalo -14 ½
- Moneyline Odds: Buffalo -980 / Jacksonville +690
- Over/Under Odds: 48 ½
Why bet on Buffalo versus Jacksonville?
The Bills rank first in points per game, 32.7, and first in points allowed each contest, 15.6. Not only that, but quarterback Josh Allen is impossible to stop. If Allen doesn’t have it throwing the ball, he’ll resort to rushing it, but that rarely happens because Allen has a ton of weapons. The Jaguars defense should have a tough time keeping the Bills from scoring at least 35.
Buffalo Bills Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 402.9
- Passing Yards: 276.3
- Rushing Yards: 126.6
- Points Scored: 32.7
- Turnovers: 5
Buffalo Bills Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 269.0
- Passing Yards: 182.4
- Rushing Yards: 86.6
- Points Scored: 15.6
- Takeaways: 16
Why bet on Jacksonville versus Buffalo?
Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars have only a small chance of winning the game. But because the Jags can score, and because they’re playing at home, Jacksonville has a decent shot to cover the spread. Lawrence doesn’t often throw two bad games in a row. He was horrible versus Seattle in NFL Week 8, which means he could bounce back with a good enough performance to keep this within the 14 ½ points.
Jacksonville Jaguars Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 349.3
- Passing Yards: 233.1
- Rushing Yards: 116.1
- Points Scored: 17.6
- Turnovers: 13
Jacksonville Jaguars Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 386.0
- Passing Yards: 278.1
- Rushing Yards: 107.9
- Points Scored: 29.0
- Takeaways: 2
Bills at Jaguars Relevant Trends
- Bills are 5-0-1 ATS versus a team with a losing record
- Buffalo is 9-1-1 ATS in their last 11 games in November
- Over is 8-1-1 in Bills’ last 10 games on grass
- Jaguars are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 at home
- Jacksonville is 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games on grass
- Under is 5-0 in Jaguars’ last 5 games following an ATS loss
Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars Final Betting Prediction
If we try hard, we can make a case for the Jags to keep this close. After all, Buffalo has had trouble in a couple of games this season. One of them was on the road versus the Titans, a team with a good offense.
But the Jaguars don’t really have a good offense. At times, Lawrence has shown the skills that made him the top pick in last April’s draft. But the rookie is too inconsistent to back versus the best defense in the NFL.
Josh Allen is unstoppable. Jacksonville allow 29 points per game on average. The Bills should score between 42 and 56. Unless Lawrence plays the best game of his early career, and even if he does, the Bills will cover the spread.
NFL Week 9 Pick: Buffalo Bills
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet NFL Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Game
NFL Betting Center
NFL Odds and Lines
|Make the Playoffs|
|Super Bowl Odds|
|AFC Champion Odds|
|NFC Champion Odds|
Latest NFL News:
- NFL Draft Betting News: CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Favorites, Picks and More
- NFL Betting News: Derek Carr and Saints, Jets Hoping For Aaron Rodgers
- 2023 NFL Draft News: Georgia Defensive Star Jalen Carter Could Fall After Arrest
- NFL Super Bowl 58 Betting Odds: Early Analysis, Tips and More
- Derek Carr NFL Betting Odds for 2023/24 Season With?