With 16 teams making it into the playoffs every year in the NHL, you wouldn’t imagine that getting there would be that difficult. The reality, though, is that the 82-game season is an absolute grind that only the strongest and best survive. Getting an automatic berth into the Stanley Cup playoffs comes with finishing in the top 3 in the division, but as you can see from a couple of the divisions this season, the race to land in those automatic spots is tight and tough. There are a couple of divisions where a matter of a couple of points separate no less than 5 or 6 teams. Any type of losing streak in this divisions, especially at this late stage, could be the difference between getting in and missing out on the postseason. The Calgary Flames are in the midst of an epic battle in the Pacific Division, where they are part of a 5-team pack that all has a shot at winning it. The Flames will be in California again on Wednesday night, taking on the Los Angeles Kings in a vital game. The NHL Betting Lines for Flames vs Kings put Calgary at 1½ goal favorite, with the O/U set at 5½.
Flames vs Kings 2020 NHL Betting Lines & Game Preview
- When: Wednesday, February 12 at 10 PM EST
- Where: Staples Center, LA
- TV: NBCSN
- Radio: Flames / Kings
- TV: NBCSN, Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360, RDS
- NHL Odds: Flames -1½ (Total: 5½)
Why Bet on the Calgary Flames
The Calgary Flames won the Western Conference last season before going out in the opening round of the playoffs. Given the squad they have in place this year, the feeling was that they would be challenging for the top again, but they have had a difficult time showing any sort of consistency. Still, at 29-22-6 on the season, their 64 points total leaves them just 3 points back of the Canucks at the top of the Pacific. That said, with 5 teams all close, a couple of losses could see the Flames fall below the playoff line. The good news is that even though they are 4-5-1 in their last 10, their back to back wins ahead of this one suggests that they are about to go on one of their positive runs. The Flames are 16-12-2 on the road this season, although they were soundly beaten 4-1 in their last visit to LA.
Calgary Flames 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Calgary’s last 8 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Calgary’s last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Calgary’s last 20 games when playing on the road against Los Angeles.
- Calgary are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the Pacific division.
- Calgary are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games played in February.
- Goals: 2.82
- Shots: 31.42
- PP/PK Percentage: 21.34
- Goals: 3.04
- Shots: 32.63
- PP/PK Percentage: 18.93
Why Bet on the LA Kings
It has been a tough slog for the LA Kings this season, as they now find themselves rooted to the cellar in the Pacific Division, more than 20 points off the pace being set by the 5 teams battling it out for those coveted playoff spots. The kings season record sits at a rather miserable 19-33-5 and things are not getting any better for them. They are coming into this one having lost 5 straight games and going just 1-8-1 in their last 10. Home ice has not really been much of an advantage, as they are a game below .500 in their own building. That said, they have taken 2 of 3 from the Flames this season, so hope springs eternal.
LA Kings 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Los Angeles’ last 6 games.
- Los Angeles are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Los Angeles’ last 9 games against Calgary.
- Los Angeles are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Los Angeles’ last 20 games when playing at home against Calgary.
- Los Angeles are 1-10 SU in their last 11 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Los Angeles’ last 9 games against an opponent in the West conference.
- Goals: 2.40
- Shots: 33.93
- PP/PK Percentage: 16.77
- Goals: 3.21
- Shots: 29.05
- PP/PK Percentage: 25.16
Flames vs Kings Expert Analysis and Prediction
The Flames MO this season has been to struggle for a period before going on a crazy win streak. Their back to back wins against division opponents suggests they might be about to embark on another one.
Calgary Flames 5 – LA Kings 2 – Bet Now!