We are now officially about a quarter of the way through the current MLB season, and while that is certainly a decent number of games to go on, we can all agree that with so much of the season still to come, things can change quite dramatically. That said, all we can do is look at the games that have been played to figure out which teams are excelling, and which are struggling. That is where the Power Rankings come into play. Let’s take a look at the current top and bottom 5 after 7 weeks of the regular season so you can continue betting against the MLB Odds.
2022 Power Rankings for Week 8 | MLB Betting
- New York Yankees – The Yankees had a bit of an off weekend, losing a doubleheader to the White Sox on Sunday. That aside, they went 4-3 last week, taking their overall record to 29-12, which means they have the most wins on the season.
- LA Dodgers – No real surprise here, as most of us had the Dodgers ranked as the best team in the NL prior to the start of the season. They closed out last week with a win, but they are 7-3 in their last 10 games and 27-13 overall.
- Houston Astros – One of the things that is becoming clear is that the preseason favorites are all delivering the goods in the early going. The Astros have a game and a half lead at the top of the AL West and are sitting 27-15 overall.
- New York Mets – This past week was not an easy one for the Mets, as they had a pair of doubleheaders to contend with. Taking that into account, going 5-2 last week is probably better than you might have expected.
- Milwaukee Brewers – The Proof of how well the Brewers are doing this season can be seen in that they have just delivered their best record through the first 40 games in franchise history. The Brewers are 26-15 and have a 3-game lead in the division.
- Oakland A’s – It was another dire week for the A’s, as they continue to sit at the bottom of the AL West, posting a record of 17-26. They closed out last week with back-to-back losses and are just 3-7 in their last 10 games.
- Detroit Tigers – In the grand scheme of things, the Detroit Tigers are on a decent run of form. They have only managed 14 wins on the season to this point, but they have gone 5-5 in their last 10 games. The Tigers have managed just 110 runs scored this season.
- Kansas City Royals – The Royals have the exact same record as the Tigers at 14-26, but they had themselves a very poor week. They lost 4 in a row to close the week out and have managed just 3 wins in their last 10.
- Washington Nationals – There was a bit of a bright spot for the Nationals to close out last week, as they came away with a win on Sunday. That said, that victory means that they are now just 14-28 on the season and well adrift of the leaders in the division.
- Cincinnati Reds – When you have the worst record in the league, it stands to reason that you are going to be at the bottom of the MLB Power Rankings. That is where the Reds are at the moment, sporting a record of 12-28 through the first 40 games.