Okay MyBookie sportsbook betting nation, after winning their last game by over nine touchdowns, the top-ranked Clemson Tigers are now, nearly seven-touchdown favorites as they get set to host ACC rival Syracuse in Week 8 on Saturday. While avoiding an upset loss doesn’t look like it will be any trouble for the Tigers, let’s find out right now if Clemson can cover the betting line so you can make your bets and cash in against their NCAAF odds.
NCAA Football Syracuse (1-4) at No. 1 Clemson (5-0)
- When: Saturday, Oct. 24, 2020 at 12:00 PM ET
- Where: Memorial Stadium
- TV: ACCN
Why Bet On Syracuse
The Orange have dropped two straight including an embarrassing 38-21 loss against tiny Liberty on Saturday while failing to cover the spread as a 3-point home underdog. While senior backup quarterback Rex Culpepper was impressive as he passed for 211 yards with three touchdowns and one interception, Syracuse gave up a whopping 338 rushing yards and three rushing TDs in the loss.
The injury-riddled Orange will start three freshmen on offense and four on defense on Saturday. Starting quarterback Tommy DeVito and starting All-ACC safety Andre Cisco are out for the remainder of the season with injuries.
“One thing about Syracuse and Dino — the ball’s going down the field, so if there’s not at least 10 plays of 40 yards or more as far as the ball being thrown 40 yards or more, I’ll be shocked,” Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said. “That’s their mindset and how they play. Rex can push it down the field. He’s a big, strong kid and they’ve always had some skill outside. It’ll be a big challenge for our cornerbacks.”
Syracuse is averaging a paltry 19.6 points per game (68th) while allowing 29.6 points per contest defensively (40th). The Orange rank fourth in takeaways with eight.
- Orange are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up loss.
- Orange are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 games overall.
- Orange are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games as a road underdog.
- Orange are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Over is 5-0 in Orange last 5 games following a double-digit loss at home.
- Over is 5-1 in Orange last 6 games following a straight up loss.
- Over is 7-2 in Orange last 9 games overall.
Why Bet On No. 1 Clemson
There are a ton of good reasons to back the top-ranked Tigers in this Week 8 matchup. First, Clemson has won 26 consecutive ACC conference games – although their last conference loss came against….you guessed it – Syracuse – when they fell on the road against the Orange 27-24 in 2017.
Superstar quarterback Trevor Lawrence has gone 29-1 as a starter and running back Travis Etienne, the two-time reigning ACC Player of the Year, needs just 129 rushing yards to break the ACC’s career rushing mark of 4,602, held by former N.C. State star Ted Brown since 1978.
Clemson comes into this matchup fresh off a 73-7 blowout win over Georgia Tech on Saturday as Lawrence passed for 404 yards with five touchdowns and one interception while Etienne added a modest 44 rushing yards and one score. The Tigers are shooting for their sixth straight ACC title and a sixth consecutive appearance in the College Football Playoff. Clemson ranks rank third nationally both in scoring (48.2 ppg) and total defense while also ranking fifth in points allowed (12.0 ppg). Lawrence has 15 TD passes on the season and only one interception.
“Based off of those guys winning the national championship two out of the last four years and the facilities that they have compared to everybody else in the conference, I think the entire country is chasing Clemson — Alabama is chasing Clemson, everybody’s chasing Clemson,” Syracuse head coach Dino Babers said. “And I think it’s fortunate for us that every year we get an opportunity to play them. I don’t look at that as something that’s bad, I look at that as something that’s good.”
- Tigers are 8-1-1 ATS in their last 10 games in October.
- Tigers are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Tigers are 4-1 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
- The Under is 7-1 in Clemson’s last eight games against Syracuse.
- The Over is 6-1 in Tigers last 7 games after allowing less than 275 total yards in their previous game.
- The Under is 8-2 in Tigers last 10 games after accumulating more than 450 total yards in their previous game.
- The Over is 6-2 in Tigers last 8 games after allowing less than 170 yards passing in their previous game.
- Under is 5-2 in Tigers last 7 games after racking up more than 280 yards passing in their previous game.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
While the 46-point spread in this Week 8 matchup looks daunting, Clemson is still the pick to get it done. The Tigers looked absolutely unstoppable in their insane win over Georgia Tech last weekend and combined with Syracuse’s lackluster effort against Liberty, I think Clemson records consecutive blowout wins.
While Syracuse has gone 2-5 ATS in their last seven road games, Clemson has gone 19-6-1 ATS in their last 26 conference games, 20-8 ATS in their last 28 games following a straight up win and 21-9 ATS in their last 30 games overall. More importantly, Clemson has far too much talent and experience to come close to losing this affair, making the only question surrounding this Week 8 ACC battle whether or not the Tigers will cover the spread. Expect another rout on Saturday college football betting faithful!
Expert College Football Prediction
Clemson 63 Syracuse 7
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?
Bet College Football Today
MyBookie Odds for the Games
College Football Betting Center
NCAAF Odds and Lines
|College Football Odds|
|Heisman Trophy Odds|
|Make the Playoffs|
|National Championship Odds|
Latest College Football News:
- #2 Michigan vs #18 Iowa Big Ten Championship Betting Odds and Analysis
- #5 Oregon vs #3 Washington PAC-12 Championship Betting Odds and Trends
- Miami-OH vs #23 Toledo MAC Championship Betting Odds and Analysis
- Early NCAA Football National Championship Betting Picks
- 2023 SWAC Championship Odds: PVAMU at Florida A&M Analysis and Betting Pick