A couple of seasons ago, the Formula torch was passed, albeit rather begrudgingly and in controversial fashion, from Lewis Hamilton to Max Verstappen, who has now won back-to-back world titles. The early belief is that Verstappen will be running away with the threepeat this coming season, but stranger things have happened. New aerodynamic regulations may help level the playing field a little, but that aside, Verstappen is still the man to beat. Let’s take a look at the top 10 ranked F1 drivers for the 2023 season so you can plan your bets and place them against the Formula 1 Odds.
Top Ten F1 Ranked Drivers for 2023 Season to Watch and Bet On
1. Max Verstappen – The fact of the matter is that it’s Verstappen’s world at the moment and the rest of the drivers are being allowed to hang around in it. His first championship was controversial, but his 2nd was nothing short of total dominance. It’s tough to see who might dethrone him in 2023.
2. Lewis Hamilton – Last season was the first time in Hamilton’s career that he did not win a race in a single season. It was an off year for he and Mercedes, but is it the end or a blip on the radar? Only time will tell, but I do think we will see more out of Hamilton this year.
3. Charles Leclerc – It was a flying start to the season for Leclerc in 2022, winning 2 of the opening 3 races, but it was a pace that he could not continue to keep once Verstappen go in gear. Still, you have to like Leclerc to be in the top 3 again this season.
4. Sergio Perez – This is a driver that has made some solid progress in recent years, especially after making the move to Red Bull to partner Verstappen. He does have Daniel Ricciardo on his heels in that team, but I think 2023 will be another solid season for Perez.
5. George Russell – Moving to Mercedes from Williams last season looked like an upward move for Russell, but we all now know that it was a problematic season for the constructors. I expect more from Russell this time around.
6. Carlos Sainz – At the moment, Sainz Is playing second fiddle to Leclerc with Ferrari, but he still had some very decent moments last season. He is not going to be in the championship hunt, but look for some podiums.
7. Valterri Bottas – After some great years as the teammate of Hamilton with Mercedes, Bottas is now the lead guy with Alfa-Romeo. That won’t translate to title aspirations, but it is good to see him as the main man on a team.
8. Lando Norris – This is a driver on the rise, with McLaren looking to Norris to help them compete for the Constructors Championship. A top 5 finish would probably be good in 2023.
9. Daniel Ricciardo – Considered to be #3 in the pecking order at Red Bull Racing, Ricciardo will be looking to impress and perhaps move ahead of Perez if he can deliver the goods in 2023.
10. Esteban Ocon – After finishing 8th in the driver standings last season, Ocon will be looking to make an upward move while racing with Team Alpine. He is a long way back from the best of the best, but steadily improving.
Bet F1 to Win Today
MyBookie Betting Lines for the Race
I have read enough, I need to place my bet now. What to do?