The new week in the MLB has started with something a little different, as many of the games on the schedule are of the interleague variety. This is a welcome break for teams who are not having great seasons, as it allows them to get out of the league that they are struggling in and into games against teams that they don’t regularly see on the schedule. This is very often an opportunity for a team to pull out of a slump, allowing them to head back to their regular league schedule with a little bit of their mojo back in check.
Coming into this week, the Washington Nationals were already in a decent run of form, and they kept that going by totally pounding the White Sox in the opening game of this series. Chicago is going to need to find a way to bounce back on Tuesday if they want to avoid getting swept in all 4 games these two play against one another this season. The Nationals are favored by 1 ½ in this one, with the run total set at 9 ½.
Nationals vs White Sox MLB Lines, Game Info & Expert Pick
- When: Tuesday, June 11 at 8:10 PM EST
- Where: Guaranteed Rate Field, Chicago
- Starting Pitchers: Corbin vs. Banuelos
- TV: MLB Extra Innings
- Radio: 720 AM
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Lines: Chicago White Sox -185 (Total 9.5)
Why bet on the Washington Nationals?
Even before this series, there were some signs that the Washington Nationals are starting to turn their disappointing season around. With the win on Monday, they take their win streak to 3 games and their record in the last 10 games to 7-3. That run has helped the Nationals improve to 31-35 on the season, and while that is still well short of where they would like to be, it also means that they are still within reach of first in the NL East, sitting 6 games back of the Phillies.
Perhaps more importantly, the Nationals have now won all 3 meetings with the White Sox this season, outscoring them 27-10 in the process. The Nationals improved to 16-20 on the road with their latest win. They will send Patrick Corbin (5-4, 3.59 ERA) to the mound for this one.
- Runs: 4.88
- Hits: 8.55
- Walks: 3.32
- Strike Outs: 8.89
- Runs: 4.86
- Hits: 8.48
- Walks: 3.23
- Strike Outs: 9.58
Why bet on the Chicago White Sox?
When you look and see that the Chicago White Sox are at 31-34 on the season and well off the pace being set atop the AL Central, it becomes all too easy to write them off already. The reality, though, is that the Wild Card race in the American League is still somewhat tight, with the White Sox sitting just 4 games out of the final Wild Card spot.
That said, they need to start winning more consistently than they have been of late, going 5-5 in their last 10 games. They do have a winning record in their own ballpark, going 17-15 SU, but they are also just 7-9 ATS as a home underdog this season. They will try to avoid the season sweep by sending Manny Banuelos (3-4, 7.36 ERA) to the mound on Tuesday.
- Runs: 4.20
- Hits: 8.40
- Walks: 2.51
- Strike Outs: 9.32
- Runs: 5.08
- Hits: 8.58
- Walks: 3.69
- Strike Outs: 7.88
Nationals vs White Sox MLB Betting Trends
- Nationals are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Chi White Sox
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Washington’s last 15 games against an opponent in the American League Central division
- White Sox are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chi White Sox’s last 9 games this season
- Nationals are 49-44 against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons
- White Sox are 19-13 against the money line in night games this season
- Corbin is 1-0 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 4.50 and a WHIP of 1.500
- Banuelos is 0-1 when starting against WASHINGTON with an ERA of 7.04 and a WHIP of 1.043
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Nationals vs White Sox
This is a series that the Washington Nationals have dominated in truly convincing fashion, making it very tough to bet against them in their final meeting with the White Sox. I see a very comfortable win for the Nats.
Score: Washington Nationals 6 – Chicago White Sox 2