Over the past few seasons in the NBA, we have had 2 or 3 teams dominate the proceedings and have generally had one conference look stronger than the other. We are seeing a change n how things work this season, though, as there are now a handful of teams who could easily make a run at a title this season. We are also seeing that the standings in both conferences look quite similar, which suggests that we have a level of parity that hasn’t existed in quite some time.
That makes life much better for the neutral fan, as we tend to get more games that are closer and fun to watch. It also makes games featuring teams from opposing conferences a little tougher to handicap, which could be the case when the Denver Nuggets hit the road on Thursday night to face the Indiana Pacers. The Nuggets are in great shape in the Western Conference, while the Pacers are sitting in the middle of the pack in the race for playoff spots in the East. It is the Pacers who are favored by 1 ½, with the point total set at 209.
Nuggets vs Pacers 2019 NBA Week 11 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- When: Thursday, January 2 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
- TV: TNT
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Indiana Pacers -1.5 (Total 209)
Why bet on the Denver Nuggets?The LA Lakers are setting a rather torrid pace at the top of the Western Conference right now, but the Denver Nuggets are doing a pretty good job of hanging in there in the race for first. The Nuggets have gone 23-10 to this point in the season, which has them sitting 3 ½ game out of the top spot. While they are coming into this one off a loss, Denver is still a very solid 8-2 SU in their last 10 games.
Things have been a little tougher for the Nuggets on the road this season, as they are just 2 games above .500 at 8-6 away from home. When going against teams from the Eastern Conference, the Nuggets are 9-4 SU. Denver is 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games and are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 meetings with the Pacers.
- Total Score: 108.15
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.83
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.48
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.52
- Total Rebounds: 45.06
- Total Score: 103.91
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.74
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.84
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.21
- Total Rebounds: 43.91
Why bet on the Indiana Pacers?The Indiana Pacers were in danger of ending their year on a low note, as they went into their final game of 2019 having lost 3 of their last 4 games. They closed out the year strong, though, taking down the Philadelphia 76ers in a lopsided 115-97 win.
That victory kept them ahead of Philly in the #5 seed in the Eastern Conference with a record of 22-12. It also helped them maintain a very decent run of form in their last 10 games, where they are now 7-3. While the Pacers have struggled on the road this season, they have been very good at home, going 15-3 SU in their own building. They have in fact won 6 in a row at home heading into this one.
- Total Score: 109.06
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.66
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.64
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.16
- Total Rebounds: 44.00
- Total Score: 105.41
- Field Goal Percentage: 43.67
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.69
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.81
- Total Rebounds: 45.50
Nuggets vs Pacers 2019 NBA Betting Trends
- Pacers are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games this season
- Pacers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games against an opponent in the Western conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Indiana’s last 8 games played in January
- Nuggets are 12-4 SU in their last 16 games against Indiana
- Nuggets are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Denver’s last 5 games this season
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Nuggets vs PacersBoth of these teams play very good defensive ball, but both are struggling with injuries to starters that could have an impact on that. Still, I think we are looking at the UNDER as the way to go here.
Score: Denver Nuggets 102 – Indiana Pacers 105