Can the Illinois Fighting Illini’ pull off the big upset in their Big Ten battle against a Michigan Wolverines team that hasn’t looked overly powerful this season? Are the Georgia Bulldogs locks to avoid a home upset in College Football Week 7 against visiting South Carolina? Last but not least, could the Texas Longhorns make it two regular season wins in a row when they host the explosive Oklahoma Sooners in the latest edition of their annual Red River Showdown?
If you’re a betting aficionado that loves making simple straight-up, moneyline wagers, then look no further. I’ve got a trio of College Football Week 7 SU picks that looks simply salivating!
2019 College Football Week 7 SU Betting Picks
No. 18 Michigan (4-1) at Illinois (2-3)
- When: Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 12:00 PM ET
- Where: Memorial Stadium, Champaign, Illinois
- TV: ABC
- College Football Week 7 Odds: TBA
18th ranked Michigan might not be a legitimate national championship contender under head coach Jim Harbaugh, but the Wolverines are the pick to get the outright road win against Illinois in Week 7. Michigan has won two straight, even though they looked pretty awful in their narrow, 10-3 win over Iowa this past weekend.
The Fighting Illini’ have dropped three straight including an abysmal 40-17 spanking at the hands of Minnesota this past weekend. Michigan has won four straight in this rivalry and eight of 10 including an emphatic 41-8 beatdown at home last season. Simply put, the Wolverines get the outright road win in Week 7.
- Underdog is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings.
- Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.
- Road team is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings.
College Football Week 7 Pick: Michigan 27 Illinois 14
South Carolina (2-3) at No. 3 Georgia (5-0)
- When: Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 12:00 PM ET
- Where: Sanford Stadium, Athens, Georgia
- TV: ESPN
- College Football Week 7 Odds: Georgia -24.5
South Carolina might have snapped their two-game losing streak by subduing Kentucky 24-7 this past weekend, but the Gamecocks are average at best no matter how you look at it. Third-ranked Georgia, on the other hand, is as elite as they come right now. The Bulldogs beat the hell out of reeling Tennessee 43-14 on Saturday to cover the chalk as a 24-point home favorite. Georgia has won four straight in this SEC series including a dominating 41-17 road win a year ago. I’m fully expecting Georgia to have this game well in hand by the time halftime rolls around.
- Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Georgia.
- Favorite is 7-2 ATS in their last 9 meetings.
- Gamecocks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings in Georgia.
College Football Week 7 Pick: Georgia 38 South Carolina 17
No. 4 Oklahoma (5-0) at No. 12 Texas (4-1)
- When: 12:00 PM ET
- TV: FOX
- College Football Week 7 Odds: Oklahoma -9.5
Texas beat Oklahoma in last season’s Red River showdown, but the Sooners extracted some revenge in the Big 12 conference championship. Now, the Sooners are looking absolutely phenomenal in ranking second in scoring 953.4 ppg) and 26th in points allowed (19.0 ppg). Quarterback Jalen Hurts is having a jaw-dropping Heisman trophy kind of campaign with 1,521 passing yards, 14 TD passes, and just two interceptions, not to mention 499 rushing yards and another seven scores. Texas has been impressive this season and the Longhorns are playing at home. This time around though, the Sooners roll like a jelly doughnut to the hard-fought win!
- Underdog is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings.
- Under is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings in Texas.
- Sooners are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings in Texas.
College Football Week 7 Pick: Oklahoma 45 Texas 31
Virginia Cavaliers over Miami HurricanesThe Cavaliers started the season with a perfect 4-0 record, but they saw that come to an end last week, as they went down 35-20 to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. That was by no means a bad loss for the Cavaliers and it had zero impact on their attempt to get into the ACC Championship Game.
They will be back on the conference wagon this week with a game against the Miami Hurricanes, who went down 42-35 in a thriller against Virginia Tech last week. I think the Cavaliers D shuts down Miami on their way to a comfortable win.
- Virginia are 2-9 SU in their last 11 games on the road
- Miami-FL are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games played on a Friday
College Football Week 7 Pick: Virginia
Arizona State Sun Devils over Washington State CougarsThe Arizona State Sun Devils are very quietly putting together a very decent little season, going 4-1 SU through their opening 5 games of the year. The Cougars, meanwhile, have seen their season come off the rails in a big way, losing back to back games and giving up a combined 105 points over their last 2 outings.
This is a matchup that the Sun Devils have dominated in recent years, winning 10 of their last 13 meetings against Washington State. Given how things are going for these two teams, I like the Sun Devils to improve upon their record.
- Washington State are 3-10 SU in their last 13 games against Arizona State
- Arizona State are 4-9 SU in their last 13 games played in October
College Football Week 7 Pick: Arizona State
Army Black Knights over Western Kentucky HilltoppersThis is one that looks like a very easy pick to me, especially considering the odds as they are right now. The bookies have Army in as a rather modest 4-point favorite for this one, which means that the odds for the SU pick are also pretty decent.
The reason that the odds may be as they are is because the Hilltoppers are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games versus Independent teams. The problem for Western Kentucky, though, is that Army have now won 12 of their last 14 games. I think that Army are a great bet here and are also worth taking against the spread.
- Army are 11-2 SU in their last 13 games played on a Saturday
- Western Kentucky are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games
College Football Week 7 Pick: Army
Penn State Nittany Lions over Iowa HawkeyesThis is one of the bigger games on the schedule this weekend, as it could prove to be make or break for both teams. At 1-1 in conference play, the Iowa Hawkeyes are now behind the 8-ball in their quest to get to the Big Ten Conference Game. If they lose this one, they are almost certainly dropping out of that hunt.
On the flipside, the Penn State Nittany Lions are still sitting with a perfect record, but a loss for them could leave a clear path for Ohio State to win the division. I think Penn State keep the pressure on with a win here.
- Iowa are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games at home
- Penn State are 11-2 SU in their last 13 games played in October
College Football Week 7 Pick: Penn State
More College Football Week 7 Betting News
- Utah vs Oregon State 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Betting Pick
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Prediction
- Washington vs Arizona 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Preview
- South Carolina vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines, Game Info & Pick
- Florida State vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- College Football Picks Week Seven (Ep. 737)
- Virginia vs Miami 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Game Preview
- Louisville vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Penn State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Analysis
- USC vs Notre Dame State 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds & Betting Preview
- Washington State vs Arizona State 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Prediction
- Michigan State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 7 Lines & Expert Pick
- Florida vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 7 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Colorado vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Game Analysis