No. 20 Boise State can clinch yet another berth in the Mountain West Conference title game with a victory late Saturday night at Utah State. The Broncos are just over touchdown favorites on the Mybookie college football odds.
How to Bet Boise State vs Utah State College Football Week 13 Lines & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 10:30 PM ET
- Where: Romney Stadium
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBS Sports Live
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 13 Lines: Boise State -7.5 (Total 53)
Boise State vs Utah State Last SeasonBoise State beat visiting Utah State 33-24 a season ago to also earn a spot in the Mountain West title game. Brett Rypien threw for 310 yards and a touchdown, and Alexander Mattison rushed for 200 yards and three scores. Both are in the NFL now. Despite a 363-yard passing performance by Jordan Love, Utah State never seemed to find a rhythm on offense. Love is still around and a top NFL prospect.
Boise State is 18-5 all-time against Utah State, a rivalry that spans three conferences – the Big West, the WAC and now the Mountain West. The Broncos have won 15 of the last 16 games, the only loss during that stretch coming on the road in 2015 (Oct. 16; 52-26). The Broncos are 8-3 when playing in Logan, and won the last meeting at Maverik Stadium, 41-14, in 2017.
Why Bet on Boise State?With a win Saturday Boise State would clinch the Mountain Division title and home-field advantage in the Mountain West Conference championship game. A win in Logan also would enhance the Broncos’ New Year’s Six bowl game hopes. The highest-ranked conference champion among the Group of Five leagues gets the bid to the Cotton Bowl. Boise State would not be out of the conference race with a loss on Saturday.
Boise State has cemented its 22nd consecutive season with a winning record, the longest active streak in the nation, the 15th-longest streak in NCAA history and the longest by a Group of Five schools all-time.
The Broncos trashed New Mexico 42-9 last week. Boise State (9-1, 6-0), which maintained its one-game lead atop the Mountain Division, raced out to a 28-0 lead in the first quarter and was never seriously challenged. It was the first time the Broncos scored that many points in the first quarter since also scoring 28 against Idaho on Nov. 12, 2010.
On the first play from scrimmage, Sonatane Lui collected a fumble and returned it 24 yards for a Boise State touchdown. The Broncos scored on the first play of a game for the first time since Nov. 20, 2015, against Air Force (Jeremy McNichols 83-yard run).
Key NumbersRedshirt-senior Jaylon Henderson made his first-career start at quarterback. It marks the first time since 1993 Boise State has started three different quarterbacks in a season. Henderson finished the game 15-of-28 for 292 yards and three touchdowns, with one interception.
The 33-point margin of victory was the largest at home against a Mountain West Mountain Division opponent in the Bryan Harsin era. It was the largest against a Mountain West opponent since 36 (52-16) at Hawai’i in 2016. Boise State ranks just 40th nationally in red zone offense (.881), but the Broncos have been successful in each of their last 16 trips to the red zone, including 12 touchdowns and four field goals.
This will be the ninth time Boise State has been ranked headed into its contest with Utah State, and the Broncos are 8-0 in the previous meetings.
- Points per Game: 36.10
- Passing Yards: 281.60
- Rushing Yards: 173.20
- Yards per Play: 6.33
- Points per Game: 21.30
- Passing Yards: 221.00
- Rushing Yards: 117.00
- Yards per Play: 5.14
Why Bet on Utah State?USU beat Wyoming 26-21 last week to keep its chances alive of playing in the conference title game. Junior quarterback Jordan Love passed for 282 yards and two touchdowns as the Aggies outgained the Cowboys, 422-343. Wyoming’s defense came into the Bridger’s Battle showdown ranked 14th in the nation in scoring defense at 17.9 per game, but gave up 20 to USU in the second quarter alone.
Utah State scored 12 straight points on four Dominik Eberle field goals (47, 44, 26 and 23 yards) to open its 12-point lead early in the fourth. With his four field goals, Eberle set both the USU and Mountain West record for field goals made in a career with 61. The previous school record was 59 set by Brad Bohn (1997-2000), while the previous MW record was 57 set by Utah’s Louis Sakoda (2005-08).
Junior linebacker Eric Munoz was named Mountain West Defensive Player of the Week. In his first career start, Munoz intercepted a pass by Wyoming quarterback Tyler Vander Waal with just over a minute remaining to clinch the win. It was Munoz’s second interception of the game. He returned the first one 51 yards to the Wyoming 2-yard line, setting up a 23-yard field goal by Eberle that gave the Aggies a 26-14 lead with 11:11 remaining in the game. Munoz, who walked on at Utah State, also had a career- and game-high 13 tackles, including 0.5 tackles for loss, and one quarterback hurry.
Key NumbersUtah State is 3-1 on the season in one-score games. Those three one-score wins this year are the most by USU since the 2011 team was 5-4 in such games.
USU is 14-3 (.824) in its last 17 MW games and 17-6 (.739) in its last 23 games against all opponents. Utah State has won eight straight Mountain West home games and is 39-10 (.796) in its last 49 home games overall. All-time, Utah State is 151-106 (.588) in Maverik Stadium.
Utah State is 5-58 all-time against Associated Press ranked teams but has won four of its last 12 meetings against top-25 competition, including its 52-26 home win against No. 21 Boise State in 2015. Under head coach Gary Andersen, Utah State is 1-7 vs. Associated Press ranked teams.
Its possible Love misses this game as he was hurt late against Wyoming. If the future NFL QB does, redshirt sophomore QB Henry Colombi is in line to start.
- Points per Game: 28.00
- Passing Yards: 283.20
- Rushing Yards: 147.30
- Yards per Play: 5.91
- Points per Game: 26.70
- Passing Yards: 251.00
- Rushing Yards: 180.00
- Yards per Play: 5.50
Boise State vs Utah State College Football Week 13 Betting Trends
- Over is 9-3-1 in the last 13 meetings
- Favorite is 9-3-2 ATS in their last 14 meetings
- Road team is 7-3-2 ATS in their last 12 meetings
- Broncos are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games on the road
- Broncos are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games against Utah State
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Boise State’s last 8 games played in November
- Aggies are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games this season
- Aggies are 6-13 ATS in their last 19 games played in November
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Utah State’s last 12 games played on a Saturday
Expert Final Score Prediction for Boise State vs Utah StateBoise State 31 – Utah State 26
More Week 13 College Football Betting News
- Oklahoma State vs West Virginia 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Pick
- Memphis vs USF 2019 College Football Week 13 Betting Lines & Preview
- Temple vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- How to Bet SMU vs Navy 2019 College Football Week 13 Spread & Expert Pick
- Boston College vs Notre Dame 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Prediction
- Purdue vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 13 Spread & Analysis
- Illinois vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 13 Spread & Game Info
- Kansas State vs Texas Tech 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Duke vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Pick
- Minnesota vs Northwestern 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Betting Analysis
- College Football Picks Week 13 & Wazzu Trip Recap (Ep. 755)
- Texas vs Baylor 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Samford vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 13 Lines & Expert Prediction
- How to Bet Arkansas vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Game Info