No question the marquee matchup around college football on Saturday is the annual Cocktail Party showdown between rivals Georgia and Florida. Both are ranked in the Top 10 again this season and the winner will be in the driver’s seat for the SEC East title. No. 8 UGA is just under a TD betting favorite over No. 6 Florida.
How to Bet Georgia vs Florida NCAA Football Odds & TV Info
- When: Saturday, 3:30 PM ET
- Where: TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville
- TV: CBS
- Live Stream: CBS Sports App
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 10 Betting Lines: Georgia -6.5 (Total 46)
Last Georgia vs Florida Meeting
Last year, Georgia thumped Florida 36-17. Jake Fromm threw three touchdown passes. Fromm completed 17 of 24 passes for 240 yards, none bigger than the two TD throws to Jermaine Holloman. Georgia scored all four touchdowns on third down. D’Andre Swift delivered the knockout blow with a 33-yard TD run with 4:39 remaining. Turnovers were the Gators’ real undoing. Georgia finished with 189 yards rushing. It’s the 13th consecutive year that the team with more rushing yards won the game.
In the all-time series with Florida, Georgia holds a 52-43-2 advantage including 45-41-1 in Jacksonville.
Why Bet on Georgia?
Georgia comes off the bye 6-1 and beat Kentucky 21-0 on Oct. 19. A pair of touchdowns from junior tailback D’Andre Swift and a third-quarter touchdown scamper from senior tailback Brian Herrien proved to be the difference for the Bulldogs. Swift finished the day with 179 total yards. He now has seven games with at least 100 yards rushing, including three 100-yard performances this year. Junior QB Jake Fromm was limited to just 35 passing yards, going 9-of-12. He is now 29-6 as a starting quarterback.
The Bulldog defense held Kentucky to 177 yards of total offense (160-rushing, 17-passing). The Wildcats had just two first downs on 21 plays in the first two quarters. It was the second shutout of the year (Arkansas State 55-0 on Sept. 14) for UGA and fourth in the Kirby Smart era. The last one in an SEC contest came in 2017, 44-0 over Tennessee in Knoxville.
Rodrigo Blankenship kicked three extra points. He has connected on a school record 184 consecutive PATs. The Bulldogs lead the nation with a streak of 275 consecutive PATs dating back to 2014.
Safety JR Reed has been named a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, which goes to the nation’s best defensive back. Reed has led the Bulldogs to rank first in the SEC in scoring defense at 10.6 points/game (No. 4 nationally), rushing defense at 85.7 yards/game (No. 5 nationally) and total defense at 266.7 yards/game (No. 6 nationally).
Georgia is 3-3 all-time in the Florida series when both teams are ranked in the top 10. In the Kirby Smart era, Georgia is 6-3 versus top-10 teams. Two of the games have been on the road and five have come at neutral sites.
- Points per Game: 38.50
- Passing Yards: 267.67
- Rushing Yards: 237.50
- Yards per Play: 7.25
- Points per Game: 12.33
- Passing Yards: 208.33
- Rushing Yards: 73.33
- Yards per Play: 4.44
Why Bet on Florida?
This is only the eighth time in the series when both teams have had a bye before the game in Jacksonville. Florida is 18-8 against the Bulldogs after an open date. Georgia is 7-6 following a bye week before playing the Gators.
Florida beat South Carolina 38-27 on Oct. 19 ahead of the bye. UF outscored the Cocks 21-7 in the fourth quarter. Kyle Trask was 5-for-6 for 64 yards and three touchdowns in the fourth quarter. It marked the sixth time in Coach Mullen’s two seasons that Florida won a game that it trailed in the fourth quarter.
Trask finished 21 of 33 for 200 yards and four scores, including a 37-yard strike to redshirt freshman Jacob Copeland in the first half, to go with one interception. Since leading the Gators to a comeback win at Kentucky in relief of Franks, Trask is 4-1 as UF’s starter and is completing 67.5 percent of his passes (114 of 169) for 1,391 yards, 14 touchdowns and four interceptions. He has thrown at least two touchdowns in each of his starts.
South Carolina represented the first of four consecutive SEC East games for the Gators, who needed the win not only to keep pace in the division but to bounce back from a loss at then-No. 5 and unbeaten LSU.
Florida expects to have receiver Kadarius Toney back for this game. He has missed the past six with a shoulder injury. The junior has 43 career receptions for 484 yards and two touchdowns as well as 39 carries for 363 yards and a score.
The likely return of both Jonathan Greenard and Jabari Zuniga should bolster the defensive line and help contain the Bulldogs’ conference-leading rushing attack. The Gators are the only team in the SEC with more than six players with at least 2.0 sacks and have the second-best red zone defense in the FBS this season. Greenard, the team leader in sacks and tackles for loss, and Zuniga last saw action in Florida’s road matchup at LSU on Oct. 12.
- Points per Game: 31.71
- Passing Yards: 288.29
- Rushing Yards: 141.00
- Yards per Play: 6.37
- Points per Game: 14.14
- Passing Yards: 199.00
- Rushing Yards: 111.86
- Yards per Play: 5.22
Georgia vs Florida College Football Week 10 Betting Trends
- Bulldogs are 10-3 SU in their last 13 games against an opponent in the Southeast conference
- Bulldogs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games played in November
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Georgia’s last 7 games played in week 10
- Gators are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games this season
- Gators are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing as the underdog
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Florida’s last 5 games played in November
Expert Final Score Prediction for Georgia vs Florida
Georgia 24 – Florida 20
More Week 10 College Football Betting News
- Old Dominion vs Virginia 2019 College Football Week 4 Lines & Analysis
- Charlotte vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 4 Odds & Expert Pick
- UCLA vs Washington State 2019 College Football Week 4 Spread & Game Preview
- Notre Dame vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 4 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Oregon vs Stanford 2019 College Football Week 4 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- UCF vs Pittsburgh 2019 College Football Week 4 Spread & Game Preview
- Miami OH vs Ohio State 2019 College Football Week 4 Odds & Prediction
- College Football Picks Week Four (Ep. 728)
- USC vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 4 Odds, Game Preview & Expert Pick
- Southern Miss vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 4 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Air Force vs Boise State 2019 College Football Week 4 Lines & Game Analysis
- LSU vs Vanderbilt 2019 College Football Week 4 Odds, Game Info and Prediction
- 2019 College Football Week 4 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 4 ATS Betting Picks