We are currently looking back at the aftermath of Week 5 of the college football season, a weekend that delivered more surprises and changes to the top 10. We are used to seeing the National Rankings shift on a weekly basis, but some of the changes this season have been of the seismic variety. Over the next couple of days, we will look at some the Week 6 matchups, but for now, let’s take a look at the current top 10 and how Week 5 changed things for a lot of teams. Let’s take a closer look at the top 10 so you can continue making your bets against the NCAAF odds.
College Football Power Rankings Heading Into Week 6
1. Alabama Crimson Tide – The thought was that Alabama might get a test against Ole Miss this past weekend, but the Tide continued to roll, delivering a 42-21 that was even more lopsided than the score suggests.
2. Georgia Bulldogs – This Georgia team looks great on both sides of the football, but it is their defense that is particularly scary. The Dawgs beat #8 Arkansas 37-0 this past weekend, which means that their D has given up just 1 offensive TD in the first 5 weeks.
3. Iowa Hawkeyes – Not a lot of people were picking the Hawkeyes as a top 4 teams this season, but 5 weeks in, they are perfect and are starting to get noticed. They will play Penn State next weekend in their biggest test to date.
4. Penn State Nittany Lions – Given the start that they have made to this season, it is easy to forget that the Nittany Lions started 2020 at 0-5. This team will get a serious test next weekend when they square off against #3 Iowa.
5. Cincinnati Bearcats – We are all well aware that there is a Power 5 bias when talking about the top 4. If Cincinnati can win and move to 5-0 next week, that will be put to the test, as one of the teams above them will lose in Week 6.
6. Oklahoma Sooners – While the Sooners continue to win, they continue to do so in a style that is not going to hold a lot of weight with the Playoff Committee. You get the sense that a loss is coming for them sooner rather than later.
7. Ohio State Buckeyes – The Buckeyes got back into the top 10 this week after jumping 4 spots with a 52-13 win over Rutgers. They still have a loss looming over their head, so they are going to need some help to get back in the top 4.
8. Oregon Ducks – Once again, it looks as though the PAC 12 might miss out on the playoffs after the Ducks were stunned by Stanford in Week 5. It is going to be a long way back to that top 4 after a loss like that.
9. Michigan Wolverines – The Wolverines will continue to climb the rankings as long as they keep on winning, but they also know that the second half of their season is when things get brutal with their schedule.
10. BYU Cougars – The Cougars are a perfect 5-0 and have been a great story this season. As an independent, though, you wonder just how high they can really go in the rankings. Their schedule is rather tame, so top 10 might well be their goal this season.
College Football Betting News
- College Football Parlay Picks for Week 8
- Top 2021 NCAAF Week 8 Matches to Must Watch and Bet On
- NCAAF 2021 Alabama Crimson Tide at Mississippi State Betting Analysis
- #11 Kentucky vs #1 Georgia | NCAAF Betting Analysis, Odds & Picks
- #12 Oklahoma State vs #25 Texas | NCAAF Betting Analysis & Prediction