One of college football’s best rivalries resumes on Saturday when #14 Michigan travels to Madison to take on the Wisconsin Badgers. Michigan has surprised everyone this season by jumping out to a 4-0 record. Wisconsin has lost a couple of games already. Both of the Badgers’ loses were to top teams, #4 Penn State and #9 Notre Dame. Will the Badgers get back on the winning track? See below for NCAAF odds, analysis, and a free pick for Michigan versus Wisconsin.
College Football Odds and Predictions – Michigan Wolverines vs Wisconsin Badgers
#14 Michigan Wolverines at Wisconsin Badgers Game Odds & Info
- When: Saturday, Oct. 2 at 12:00 pm ET
- Where: Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, WI
- TV / Streaming: FSI / Fox Sports
- ATS Odds: Wisconsin -2
- Over/Under Odds: 43 ½
Why bet on #14 Michigan against Wisconsin?
The Wolverines are an upperclassmen laden team that has already beaten a couple of quality opponents. On Sep. 11, Michigan blasted Washington 31-10. Then on Sep. 25, Michigan beat a solid Rutgers squad 20-13. Although the Wolverines didn’t cover in the win versus Rutgers, they held the Scarlet Knights to 13 points even though Rutgers averages 34.
Michigan Wolverines Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 454.8
- Passing Yards: 164.0
- Rushing Yards: 290.8
- Points Scored: 40.3
- Turnovers: 0
Michigan Wolverines Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 303.3
- Passing Yards: 171.5
- Rushing Yards: 131.8
- Points Scored: 11.8
- Takeaways: 1
Why bet on Wisconsin versus #14 Michigan?
Wisconsin ranks first in the nation in rushing yards allowed. Opponents average 23 yards per versus the Badgers’ defense. Almost as important? Wisconsin is a terrific rushing team. The Badgers rumble for 200 yards per game. If Michigan can’t get their rushing attack going, they will struggle versus the solid Badgers.
Wisconsin Badgers Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 397.0
- Passing Yards: 197.0
- Rushing Yards: 200.0
- Points Scored: 19.0
- Turnovers: 2
Wisconsin Badgers Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 210.3
- Passing Yards: 187.3
- Rushing Yards: 23.0
- Points Scored: 21.3
- Takeaways: 1
Relevant Trends for #14 Michigan Wolverines at Wisconsin Badgers
- Wolverines are 0-5 ATS in their last 5
- Michigan is 5-11 ATS in their last 16 on the road
- Over is 9-2 in Wolverines last 11 on the road
- Wisconsin is 2-6 ATS in their last 8
- Badgers are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 conference games
- Under is 5-0 in Badgers last 5 conference games
#14 Michigan versus Wisconsin Final Betting Prediction
Wisconsin is a -2 chalk because this game happens in Madison. If it happened in Ann Arbor, the Wolverines could be 6 to 7 point favorites.
Anyway we cut it, Michigan is the better team. Wisconsin has some talent on both sides of the ball, but they sorely lack quality quarterback play. The Badgers are like a baseball team with a top hitting lineup but an ace pitcher with a 6.2 ERA.
Graham Mertz has thrown 1 TD and 6 interceptions. He’s completing less than 57% of his passes. The Badgers rush the ball well, but Michigan allows just 11.8 points per.
More impressively, Jim Harbaugh’s team can adjust. Holding Rutgers to 13 points is a huge accomplishment. Wisconsin is a program in disarray. Harbaugh and the Wolverines will take advantage.
NCAAF Week 5 Pick: Michigan Wolverines
College Football Betting News
- NCAAF Big 12 Championship: #9 Baylor at #5 Oklahoma State Betting Analysis
- NCAAF AP Top 25 Poll: Best 6 Teams Betting Analysis for Conference Championship Week
- NCAAF 2021 Season Conference Championship SU Betting Picks & Analysis
- NCAAF 2021 Season – Conference Championship ATS Betting Picks
- NCAAF Week 14 Odds: Conference Championship Games Betting Analysis