First ranked Alabama looks to continue their roll on Saturday when the defending champs host unranked Southern Miss. The Crimson Tide are 3-0 to start the season. But the Tide struggled with the Florida Gators in their last. Is that a sign Bama won’t cover the spread versus the overmatched Golden Eagles? Keep reading for NCAAF odds, analysis, and a free pick for Southern Miss versus Alabama.
College Football Odds and Predictions – Southern Miss Golden Eagles vs Alabama Crimson Tide
Southern Miss Golden Eagles at #1 Alabama Game Odds & Info
- When: Saturday, Sep. 25 at 7:30 pm ET
- Where: Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL
- TV / Streaming: SEC Net / ESPN+
- ATS Odds: Alabama -44 ½
Why bet on Southern Miss versus #1 Alabama?
The Golden Eagles don’t have a fantastic offense, they average less than 18 points per, but they also don’t have a bad defense. Opponents have struggled to score against Southern Miss. Alabama, no doubt, will put up at least 5 touchdowns. 5 times 7 is only 35, though, which is well below the 44 ½ point spread.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 284.7
- Passing Yards: 146.3
- Rushing Yards: 138.3
- Points Scored: 17.7
- Turnovers: 3
Southern Miss Golden Eagles Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 248.3
- Passing Yards: 204.7
- Rushing Yards: 43.7
- Points Scored: 17.3
- Takeaways: 1
Why bet on #1 Alabama versus Southern Miss?
Versus Florida, Alabama had jumped out to a 21-3 first quarter lead. It looked as if Bama might easily cover the -14 spread. But the Gators rallied to make the margin close. If anything, Nick Saban learns from the past. He won’t allow the Crimson Tide to rest on their laurels versus a tough Southern Miss squad. Saban will ensure a blowout victory by keeping his starters in this game until at least the end of the third quarter.
Alabama Crimson Tide Offensive Averages
- Total Yards: 418.7
- Passing Yards: 286.7
- Rushing Yards: 132.0
- Points Scored: 41.0
- Turnovers: 1
Alabama Crimson Tide Defensive Averages
- Total Yards: 307.3
- Passing Yards: 180.3
- Rushing Yards: 127.0
- Points Scored: 18.7
- Takeaways: 5
Relevant Trends for Southern Miss Golden Eagles versus #1 Alabama Crimson Tide
- Golden Eagles are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games on grass
- Southern Miss is 1-8 ATS in their last 9 non-conference games
- Under is 5-0 in the Golden Eagles last 5 games on grass
- Crimson Tide is 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games in September
- Alabama is 8-2 ATS in their last 10 home games
- Under is 6-1 in Crimson Tide’s last 7 versus CUSA.
#1 Alabama versus Southern Miss Final Betting Prediction
When it comes to spread lines, it’s easy to write off the Crimson Tide. Alabama is one of the most backed teams in the nation, which is why week in and week out, the Crimson Tide face ridiculous spreads.
-44 ½ is another ridiculous spread. But although 44 ½ is a ton of points, Bama should cover. The problem for Southern Miss is that it can’t score.
Florida took advantage of a bad Alabama defensive game plan. Bama will have a much better game plan on Saturday and even if they don’t, the Golden Eagles don’t have the athletes to take advantage.
Southern Mississippi’s defense is decent. However, it gave up 21 points to Troy. If Troy could score 21 points, Alabama can score at least 56. The Tide rolls to a win and cover.
NCAAF Week 4 Pick: Alabama
College Football Betting News
- NCAA Football Five ACC Conference Fearless Betting Predictions for the Upcoming Season
- NCAA Football Five AAC Conference Fearless Betting Predictions for the Upcoming Season
- NCAA Football Georgia Bulldogs Wins Total Betting Prediction for Upcoming 2022 Season
- NCAA Football Alabama Crimson Tide Wins Total Betting Prediction for Upcoming 2022 Season
- 2022 NCAA Football Betting Tips to Cash In the 1st Weeks of the Season