In the NFL, or any professional sport for that matter, it’s often how a team finishes the season that is more important that how they begin it. We have seen teams get off to very poor starts, only to tun things around and make a playoff run in the second half of the season. Its amazing how often we see teams gather momentum in the final weeks and end up making a deep run in the postseason. On the flipside of that coin, we also see teams start the season well, only to fall apart and totally lose confidence at the end of the year. There are some teams who seem totally unable to break out of a slump once it takes hold.
We will have two such teams going head to head this weekend when the Carolina Panthers hit the road to face the Indianapolis Colts. These two have been in pretty brutal form over the past few weeks, so it’s going to be interesting to see which one of them snaps out of it on Sunday. The Colts are in as a 7-point home favorite, with the point total set at 46.
Panthers vs Colts 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines & Betting Analysis
- When: Sunday, December 22 at 1 PM EST
- Where: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
- TV: FOX
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 16 Lines: Indianapolis Colts -7 (Total 46)
Why bet on the Carolina Panthers?The Carolina Panthers are an absolute shambles at the moment. They have already fired their head coach and are in the midst of a 6-game losing skid. There is talk that the Cam Newton era is about to end in Carolina, but who will replace him if that is the case. Backup Kyle Allen has been terrible over the last 6 weeks, throwing 11 picks and fumbling the football 7 times.
It will be rookie Will Grier who gets the start this weekend, but is he ready to play at this level? The Panthers are just 1-4-1 ATS over the course of their 6-game skid, although they have gone 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games versus teams from the AFC South. They have seen the OVER hit in 8 of their last 10 games.
- Points per Game: 23.14
- Passing Yards: 225.93
- Rushing Yards: 120.79
- Yards per Play: 5.18
- Points per Game: 27.86
- Passing Yards: 237.57
- Rushing Yards: 140.21
- Yards per Play: 5.79
Why bet on the Indianapolis Colts?It wasn’t so very long ago that the Colts were sitting atop the AFC South and looking like a team destined to go to the playoffs. It has been all downhill since then though, as this team has now lost 4 in a row and has managed just 1 win in their last 7 games. A collapse of epic proportions and one that has seen them officially eliminated from playoff contention.
Like the Panthers, you wonder what sort of motivation they have left for these final 2 games. If there is a bright side to all of this, it’s that the Colts are still tough to beat at home, going 10-3 SU in their last 14 games in their own building. They are also a healthy 12-5-1 ATS in their last 18 games versus teams from the NFC.
- Points per Game: 21.64
- Passing Yards: 204.21
- Rushing Yards: 127.14
- Yards per Play: 5.16
- Points per Game: 23.50
- Passing Yards: 249.79
- Rushing Yards: 100.86
- Yards per Play: 5.78
Panthers vs Colts NFL Week 16 Betting Trends
- Colts are 10-3 SU in their last 13 games at home
- Colts are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC South division
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Indianapolis’ last 8 games played in week 16
- Panthers are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games this season
- Panthers are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the AFC South division
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Carolina’s last 5 games played in December
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Panthers vs ColtsThis is an incredibly tough one to call, especially with a rookie QB set to take the field for his first ever start. I am leaning towards the Panthers to cover here, simply because they have Christian McCaffrey, who can take some weight off the young QB’s shoulders.
Score: Carolina Panthers 27 – Indianapolis Colts 30
More Week 16 NFL Betting News
- NFL Week 16 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Last Minute Betting Picks to Place an NFL Parlay Ticket in Week 16
- Eagles Are NFL Spread Favorites to Close Out Week 16 on MNF
- NFL Betting Lines, Game Preview & Pick for Colts vs. Ravens in Week 16
- Can Steelers Back the Week 16 NFL Odds vs. Texans Without Antonio Brown?
- How to Bet Rams vs. Titans NFL Week 16 Spread & Expert Pick
- Visiting Chargers are the NFL Week 16 Odds Favorite Against Jets
- NFL Week 16 Lines & Prediction for Falcons vs. Saints
- How to Bet Giants at Cardinals NFL Odds & Game Info
- Broncos at Redskins Week 16 Odds & NFL Betting Pick
- NFL Week 16 Betting Analysis & Expert Pick: Seattle at Dallas
- Panthers Are Huge NFL Week 16 Spread Favorites Against Buccaneers
- Minnesota at Green Bay Week 16 Game Preview & NFL Betting Pick
- Can Win-less Browns Defy the NFL Odds for Week 16 vs. Bears?
Even More Eagles vs Packers Archived Betting Articles
- NFL 2021 Regular Season Week 5 O/U Betting Picks
- NFL 2021 Preseason: Panthers vs Colts Betting Analysis
- NFL Week 15 ATS Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 5 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- NFL Betting – Sleeper Teams the Can Make the 2020 playoffs
- NFL Betting – “Bad” Teams to Bet On 2020
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Panthers 6 vs Colts 38 Result NFL Week 16 Score
- Panthers vs Colts 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines & Betting Analysis
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest
- Week 16 NFL Over/Under Picks
- Top NFL Upset Picks For Week 2