The New England Patriots’ chances of earning the top seed in the AFC playoffs took a big hit with a loss this past Sunday and would disappear entirely should the Patriots be upset this Sunday at one-win Cincinnati. However, the Bengals are big home underdogs on the Mybookie NFL odds.
How to Bet Patriots vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Info
- When: Sunday, 1 PM ET
- Where: Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 15 Odds: New England Patriots -9.5 (Total 40.5)
Patriots vs Bengals Last MeetingTeams last played in Week 6 of the 2016 season, with the Patriots winning 35-17 at home. Tom Brady finished 29 for 35 for 376 yards and three touchdowns. Tight end Rob Gronkowski had seven receptions for a career-high 162 yards and a touchdown.
The Bengals had their moments offensively, scoring on a 2-yard touchdown run by Andy Dalton and 5-yard pass from Dalton to Brandon LaFell. Andy Dalton finished 21 of 31 for 254 yards. The Bengals scored on their first drive after halftime to briefly take a 14-10 lead.
The Patriots swiftly responded with a safety and a pair of touchdown passes by Brady — first to Gronkowski, then to James White — to put the Patriots back in front.
Why Bet on New England?The Pats’ 21-game home winning streak was snapped Sunday in a 23-16 loss to Kansas City. After building a 20-7 lead, the Chiefs survived a series of mistakes and questionable officiating to hold off a late rally by the defending Super Bowl champions. KC’s Patrick Mahomes became the third quarterback this season to earn his first win against the Patriots, joining Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson and Houston’s Deshaun Watson. All three were previously 0-2.
Tom Brady completed 19-of-36 passes for 169 yards with a touchdown and an interception while adding two rushes for 20 yards. Brady was tagged for three sacks, resulting in a loss of 20 yards. Brady missed Julian Edelman on a game-deciding fourth-and-three with a minute and change remaining in the fourth quarter. The two also connected on a 37-yard touchdown, which came on a first-quarter flea-flicker drawn up by Josh McDaniels. Edelman tallied eight catches for 95 yards and the touchdown on 12 targets.
Brady and Edelman, as a healthy tandem, lost a regular-season home game to an AFC opponent for the first time ever. They were 42-0 under those circumstances over the 10 seasons they suited up together since Edelman’s arrival in 2009 (the receiver missed 2017).
Rookie WR N’Keal Harry notched one catch for 12 yards on one target. Harry was involved in arguably the most controversial play of the game. Officials marked Harry out of bounds at the three-yard-line following a 12-yard catch-and-run, though replay showed he should have been credited with a touchdown. The Patriots had already used up their challenges, so the play stood.
“We all knew it was a touchdown. Everyone clearly saw it was a touchdown, but it was out of our control,” Harry said.
- Points per Game: 26.00
- Passing Yards: 258.23
- Rushing Yards: 96.31
- Yards per Play: 5.08
- Points per Game: 12.92
- Passing Yards: 171.54
- Rushing Yards: 93.00
- Yards per Play: 4.50
Why Bet on Cincinnati?The Bengals were 27-19 losers in Cleveland on Sunday. Denzel Ward returned an interception 61 yards for Cleveland’s first score, and the Browns got a huge late break when Baker Mayfield’s third interception was reversed with a rare interference call. The Bengals outgained the Browns 451-333 and topped them in every statistical category but the final score. Cincy won the turnover margin for the first time this season, outrushed one of the best backfields in the league and had the ball five more minutes than the Browns and still got beat.
Andy Dalton completed 22-of-38 passes for 262 scoreless yards and the one interception. Joe Mixon rushed 23 times for 146 yards and one touchdown, adding three catches for 40 yards on four targets. Mixon was visibly fuming when he didn’t get the ball on fourth down on a turnover on downs near the goal line in the second half. But Mixon was able to find the end zone earlier in the afternoon and produced his second 100-yard rushing game of the year.
Mixon’s TimeMixon had the best game by a Bengals back since Jeremy Hill went for 168 against these Browns three years ago in their biggest offensive display of the season. Mixon has four games with 20 or fewer rushing yards. But as the offensive line has steadily improved throughout the season, Mixon has found his form. In the past four games, Mixon has averaged 106.3 yards per game. If Mixon can rush for 211 yards in his final three games, he will eclipse the 1,000-yard mark for the second straight season.
Safety Jessie Bates III would have had two interceptions if not for the review. On the review, Bengals cornerback William Jackson III was called for pass interference. A play that early in the season wasn’t being called on review is starting to be called.
- Points per Game: 15.23
- Passing Yards: 226.69
- Rushing Yards: 85.85
- Yards per Play: 4.88
- Points per Game: 25.00
- Passing Yards: 242.92
- Rushing Yards: 156.77
- Yards per Play: 6.26
Patriots vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Betting Trends
- Over is 6-2 in the last 8 meetings
- Home team is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 meetings
- Patriots are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games on the road
- Patriots are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of New England’s last 14 games
- Bengals are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games at home
- Bengals are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games played in December
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 5 games against an opponent in the AFC East division
Expert Final Score Prediction for Patriots vs BengalsNew England Patriots 24 – Cincinnati Bengals 10
More Week 15 NFL Betting News
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Week Fifteen DFS Picks (Ep. 641)
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- 2018 NFL Week 15 Early Betting Picks for Every Game
- NFL Week 15 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Can Jaguars Cover the Huge Week 15 NFL Spread Against Texans?
Even More Patriots vs Bengals Archived Betting Articles
- NFL 2021 Regular Season – Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL 2021 Regular Season – Week 5 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 12 ATS Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 8 ATS Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Patriots 34 vs Bengals 13 Result NFL Week 15 Score
- Patriots vs Bengals 2019 NFL Week 15 Odds, Preview & Pick
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest