Thee is perhaps no better position to be in than to have clinched the #1 seed with time to spare in the regular season. Teams who achieve that feat have the choice of resting their key personnel and avoiding injuries ahead of the start of the playoffs.
While this may seem like the smartest decision to make, there are some who believe that it could hurt the team in the long haul. After all, that would mean that players would have had two weeks off before they play their opening game in the playoffs, which would come against a team that has already had a taste of postseason football.
The Baltimore Ravens have already made it very clear that they will be sitting out their starters in the final week of the regular season, which could well prove to be good news for a Pittsburgh Steelers team that needs a win in Week 17 in order to keep their playoff hopes alive. Although, given the injury woes of the Steelers, it’s almost as if they are playing a ton of second stringers. The Ravens are favored by 2 ½ at home, with the point total for this one set at 36 ½.
Steelers vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- When: Sunday, December 29 at 4:25 PM EST
- Where: M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore
- TV: CBS
- Radio: Pittsburgh / Baltimore
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 17 Odds: Steelers -2
- Rain: 12°C/53°F
- Humidity: 83%
- Precipitation: 90%
- Wind: 6 mph SE
- Cloud Cover: 96%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why bet on the Pittsburgh Steelers?
That the Steelers still have a shot at making the playoffs after all they have been through this season is a testament to their next man up attitude. They are now officially down to their third string QB, with Devlin Hodges set to start.
Paxton Lynch will be in as his backup and will likely get the nod quite quickly of Hodges continues to struggle the way he has done over the past couple of weeks. The Steelers are coming into this one on the heels of back to back losses where they managed just 10 PPG.
The defense had held Pittsburgh in it this season, holding the opposition to 17 points or less in 5 straight games. Given that information, it’s probably no real surprise to learn that the Steelers have seen the UNDER hit in each of their last 7 games.
- Average Score For: 18.60
- Total Yards: 284.07
- Pass Yards: 193.60
- Rush Yards: 90.47
- Average Score Against: 18.33
- Total Yards: 304.20
- Pass Yards: 202.13
- Rush Yards: 102.07
Why bet on the Baltimore Ravens?
The Baltimore Ravens clinched the #1 seed in the AFC last weekend with a 31-15 win over the Cleveland Browns. That victory means that the Ravens have now won 11 straight games, but rather than going for an almost certain #12, they have decided to rest the majority of their starters for this one.
It’s a move that is not likely to sit well with the Tennessee Titans, who are battling it out with the Steelers for the final playoff spot, but the reality is that the Ravens have more than earned the right to do whatever they want this weekend.
The Ravens are 6-1 SU at home this season and have now covered the spread in 8 of their last 9 games. Despite sporting a high-powered offense, the UNDER has hit in 4 of their last 6.
- Average Score For: 33.53
- Total Yards: 414.46
- Pass Yards: 209.13
- Rush Yards: 205.33
- Average Score Against: 18.13
- Total Yards: 309.40
- Pass Yards: 216.40
- Rush Yards: 93.00
NFL Week 17 Betting Trends for Pittsburgh Steelers vs Baltimore Ravens
- Steelers are 5-10 ATS in the last 15 games played in December
- Steelers are 7-3 SU in the last 10 games
- The total went UNDER in 7 of Pittsburgh’s last 7 games
- Ravens are 8-1 ATS in the last 9 games
- Ravens are 10-0 SU in the last 10 games
- The total went UNDER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 6 games
Steelers vs Ravens Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
It has been a nightmare season for the Steelers, yet they are still hanging in there in hopes of a playoff spot. I think it all comes to an end on Sunday, though, as I like the Ravens to win and cover the spread.
Score Prediction: Pittsburgh Steelers 13 Baltimore Ravens 23
More NFL Week 17 Betting News
- 2019 NFL Week 17 Over/Under Betting Picks
- Raiders vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Titans vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Dolphins vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Cardinals vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Chargers vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Bears vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Colts vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- NFL Week 17 Christmas MEGAPOD (Ep. 768)
- Steelers vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Jets vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Falcons vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Eagles vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Analysis & Prediction