Deshaun Watson and the Houston Texans will be looking to get the huge road upset when they take on Patrick Mahomes in one of the most attractive matchups on the entire Week 6 NFL schedule. With Houston looking to extend their winning ways and the Kansas City Chiefs looking to rebound from their first loss of the season, let’s find out which one of these AFC playoff contenders is offering the best value against their NFL odds.
Texans vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 6 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- When: Sunday, October 13, 2019 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL League Pass
- NFL Week 6 Odds: Kansas City -5 (Total 55)
- Sunny: 19°C/66°F
- Humidity: 46%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 0%
- Wind: 9 mph SW
- Stadium Type: Open
Why Bet On HoustonThere are a few great reasons to back the Texans to cover the chalk as a 5-point road dog in this one. First, Houston just exploded on Atlanta in their stunning 53-32 win last weekend.
Then, there’s the fact that the Texans have an elite player under center in quarterback Deshaun Watson. In addition to those two facts, Houston also has the slightly better statistical defense and some excellent talent on that side of the ball, starting with the still effective J.J. Watt.
- Points per Game: 26.20
- Passing Yards: 252.40
- Rushing Yards: 129.40
- Yards per Play: 6.24
- Points per Game: 22.00
- Passing Yards: 270.40
- Rushing Yards: 95.00
- Yards per Play: 5.62
Why Bet On Kansas CityThere are also some great reasons to back Kansas City to take care of business in this matchup. First, the Chiefs are playing at home in Arrowhead Stadium where they are extremely difficult to beat.
Then, there’s the fact that Kansas City has a flat-out superstar in quarterback Patrick Mahomes, not to mention some added motivation following their humbling 19-13 home loss against Indianapolis last weekend.
Last but not least, the Chiefs have the statistically better offense in this contest and the coaching edge in this affair as well.
- Points per Game: 29.60
- Passing Yards: 355.40
- Rushing Yards: 88.60
- Yards per Play: 7.03
- Points per Game: 22.60
- Passing Yards: 237.20
- Rushing Yards: 155.80
- Yards per Play: 5.87
Texans vs Chiefs NFL Week 6 Betting Trends
- Chiefs are 12-4 SU in their last 16 games at home
- Chiefs are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games played in week 6
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas City’s last 6 games played in October
- Texans are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games against Kansas City
- Texans are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Kansas City
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games on the road
Expert Final Score Prediction for Texans vs ChiefsWhile Kansas City comes into this contest off their first loss of the season, at home no less, I think that fact actually works in the Chiefs’ favor seeing as how I expect them to be locked in and totally focused from the outset in this intriguing matchup. Kansas City has also won four of the last five meetings, including a high-scoring 42-34 road win over the Texans last season.
The road team in this rivalry has gone 5-1 ATS in the last six meetings while the Texans have gone a miserable 3-10 ATS in their last 13 road games vs. a team with a winning home record. Kansas City has gone 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games after scoring less than 15 points in their previous game and that just doesn’t bode well for the Texans coming into this matchup. Still, after watching the way Houston put points on the board early and often against the Falcons last weekend, and I believe this matchup has the look of a classic field goal finish.
Score: Houston Texans 31 – Kansas City Chiefs 34
More Week 6 NFL Betting News
- Posts not found
Even More Texans vs Chiefs Archived Betting Articles
- NFL 2021 Season Week 6 SU Betting Picks & Analysis
- Top 3 Games Worth Betting for Week 1 of the 2021 NFL Season
- Texans 20 vs Chiefs 34 Result NFL Week 1 Score
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. Houston Texans: Thursday Night Football Line and Betting Trends (Week 1)
- Updated 2020 NFL Week 1 Odds, Picks & More
- NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 ATS Picks
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- Chiefs vs. Texans: September 10, 2020 Line and Betting Trends
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 15 in 2020
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 3 in 2020
- NFL Betting for the First Week of Games
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – June 22nd Edition
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Texans 31 vs Chiefs 51 Result NFL Divisional Playoffs Score