The Vegas Golden Knights will be looking to take care of business at home when they host the visiting Washington Capitals in a matchup of Stanley Cup championship hopefuls on Monday night. With the Knights looking to extend their modest winning streak and the Capitals looking to get back to playing winning hockey, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NHL Odds.
Capitals vs Golden Knights Game Info & Betting Odds
- Who: Washington Capitals (37-16-3-2) at Vegas Golden Knights (30-22-6-2)
- When: Monday February 17, 2020, 6:00 PM ET
- Where: T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, NV
- Radio: Capitals | Golden Knights
- TV: RSN
- NHL Odds: Golden Knights -1½ (Total 5½)
Why Bet on the Washington Capitals?
The Capitals have lost three of their last four games and come into this affair off a 3-1 loss to Arizona on Saturday. Superstar captain Alexander Ovechkin has not scored in any of Washington’s last four games, a season high for one of hockey’s best goal scorers.
"Of course, you want to get it over with and move forward, but … if you didn’t score, you just move it forward," Ovechkin said after Saturday’s loss. "You can’t be focusing and thinking like, ‘Oh, I didn’t score. It’s over.’ Sooner or later it will come."
The good news however, is that Ovechkin has scored 23 of his team-leading 40 goals on the road this season and 24 in his career against Vegas’ Marc-Andre Fleury. Washington averages a stellar 3.5 goals per game to rank third in scoring while allowing 3.0 goals per game defensively (15th). The Capitols have gone a stupendous 21-7-1 on the road this season.
Washington Capitals 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats
- Washington are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games.
- Washington are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against Vegas.
- Washington are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- Washington are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Washington’s last 9 games played in February.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Washington’s last 10 games played on a Monday.
- Goals: 3.55
- Shots: 32.16
- PP/PK Percentage: 20
- Goals: 3.05
- Shots: 29.86
- PP/PK Percentage: 16.26
Why Bet on the Vegas Golden Knights?
The Golden Knights have won two straight and three of their last five, including a hard-fought 1-0 win over the Islanders on Saturday. Reilly Smith scored the game’s only goal in the last minute of the second period. Vegas’ Marc-Andre Fleury turned back all 19 shots he faced to get his 60th career shutout on Saturday.
"I think it’s just the will. Things are coming down pretty tight in the standings and guys are really stepping up and just getting in lanes. Then (Fleury) has been playing great back there and that’s always nice to have," defenseman Shea Theodore told reporters after Vegas improved to 5-2-1 in its last eight games.
Vegas averages 3.1 goals per game (15th) while allowing 3.0 goals per game defensively (13th). The Golden Knights have gone 16-10-3-1 at home this season.
Vegas Golden Knights 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Vegas’ last 5 games against Washington.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Vegas’ last 9 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Vegas’ last 6 games against an opponent in the Metropolitan Division division.
- Vegas are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games played in February.
- Vegas are 3-10 SU in their last 13 games played on a Monday.
- Goals: 3.15
- Shots: 34.6
- PP/PK Percentage: 21.76
- Goals: 3.05
- Shots: 29.78
- PP/PK Percentage: 21.69
Capitals vs Golden Knights Expert Analysis and Prediction
I know Washington has been phenomenal on the road this season, but Vegas is kind of desperate right now and they’ve looked pretty solid in winning five of their last eight games. While Washington has gone a blistering 19-7 in their last 26 road games, the favorite and home team in this rivalry has gone a near-perfect 5-1 in the last 6 meetings. With Washington going 6-1 in the last 7 meetings between these two teams, I say the Caps win in a thriller.
Vegas 3 – Washington 2