The New York Islanders hope to keep pace with the Washington Capitals in the Metropolitan Division on Thursday. NYI takes on the Florida Panthers in Florida. Can the Islanders upset the Panthers at the BB&T Center? Or, will Florida take this matchup as a slight favorite? Check out the NHL odds, analysis and a free pick for Islanders vs Panthers!
Islanders vs Panthers 2019 NHL Week 11 Odds, Preview and Pick
- When: Thursday, Dec. 12 at 7:00 pm ET
- Where: BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
- TV: ESPN+
- Moneyline Odds: Islanders +105, Panthers -125
- Over/Under Odds: 6
Why the New York Islanders are a good bet to win +105?
The New York Islanders have 42 points. That puts them 9 points behind the Caps in the Metropolitan. Although the Islanders are behind Washington in the Metro, they do have a fantastic 20-7-5 record. That includes going 8-5-1 on the road. In their last matchup against Florida, NYI beat the Panthers 2-1. A similar outcome could happen here.
- Goals For: 2.8
- Shots For: 28.4
- Power Plays: 18.2%
- Face-Offs: 50%
- Goals Against: 2.4
- Shots Against: 31.7
- Penalty Kills: 81.6%
- Shutouts: 1
Why the Florida Panthers are a good bet to win -125?
Florida has a winning 9-5-2 record at home. The Panthers have gone 3-2 SU in their last 5. All 5 games happened on their ice. Even the Panthers lost in their last, it was against the Tampa Bay Lightning. They can bounce back here with a win over the Islanders.
- Goals For: 3.5
- Shots For: 34.1
- Power Plays: 23.9%
- Face-Offs: 51.1%
- Goals Against: 3.3
- Shots Against: 30.4
- Penalty Kills: 84.7%
- Shutouts: 0
NHL Betting Trends for New York Islanders vs Florida Panthers
- Islanders are 4-0 in their last 4 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game
- NYI is 2-5 in their last 7 road games
- Under is 7-1-1 in Islanders last 7 overall
- Under is 11-5-1 in Islanders last 17 versus the Atlantic
- Panthers are 5-2 in their last 7 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game
- Florida is 1-4 in their last 5 versus the Eastern Conference
- Over is 5-0 in Panthers’ last 5 Thursday games
- Under is in Florida’s last 5 home games
Islanders vs Panthers NHL Betting Analysis
The Islanders aren’t playing their best hockey. New York is 2-2 in their last 4. Both losses happened on enemy ice. In fact, NYI is a bad 1-5 SU in their last 6 road games. They can turn things around versus a Panthers’ squad they beat in the last head-to-head on Thursday night, right?
Nope. The Panthers have won 2-of-3. One of the wins came against the Boston Bruins at home in a 5-4 classic. Florida’s offense has rocked it. The Panthers have scored 11 combined goals in their last 3 matches. Back Florida to get the job done on Thursday night.
NHL Free Pick: Panthers -125