The New Orleans Saints lost a wild game last week at home against the San Francisco 49ers that seriously hurt the Saints’ chances to be the NFC’s top seed. But they can still get a first-round bye if they win out. New Orleans is a solid home favorite on the Mybookie NFL odds for Monday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts.
How to Bet Colts vs Saints NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Info
- When: Monday, 8:15 PM ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 15 Betting Lines: New Orleans Saints -8 (Total 45.5)
Colts vs Saints Last MeetingIn 2015, the Saints were 27-21 winners at the Colts – Indy nearly rallied from down 27-0 in the third quarter. Mark Ingram rushed 14 times for 143 yards and one touchdown while Khiry Robinson ran for two scores.
Drew Brees finished 28 of 44 for 255 yards with one touchdown. The Saints’ defense pressured Andrew Luck into mistakes all day, hitting him 10 times, sacking him four times and picking him off twice.
Why Bet on Indianapolis?The Colts have faded from playoff contention and lost 38-35 at Tampa Bay last week. Indianapolis linebacker Darius Leonard, appearing in his 25th career game, recorded two interceptions, including an 80-yard interception return for a touchdown in the loss. Leonard, who has 12 sacks and six interceptions since entering the NFL in 2018, is the first player to register at least 10 sacks and five interceptions in his first 25 career games since 1982, when the individual sack became an official statistic.
The defense, despite giving up a season-high 542 yards to Tampa Bay, has been the team’s strongest unit. It has forced 19 turnovers, which is 13th in the NFL, and the unit is 15th in yards allowed. Its strength has been stopping the run. It ranks eighth in the league in that category and has allowed only one player — Derrick Henry — to rush for more than 100 yards in a game.
Jacoby Brissett completed 19-of-36 passes for 251 yards, two touchdowns and zero interceptions in the loss to the Bucs. He hit Marcus Johnson for gains of 50 and 46. Top running back Marlon Mack returned from a two-game injury absence and rushed 13 times for 38 yards and a touchdown. He needs just 100 more yards to reach 1,000 for the first time in his career in a single season.
Some InjuriesTop receiver TY Hilton was out again with a calf injury and it’s growing increasingly likely that Hilton won’t play again in 2019. With Hilton banged up, Zach Pascal and Johnson continue to step up at the wide receiver position. They combined for eight receptions for 179 yards and two touchdowns against the Buccaneers.
For sure done for the year and probably career is future Hall of Fame kicker Adam Vinatieri as he will have knee surgery. Vinatieri, the league’s all-time leading scorer, cost the Colts a few games this year with missed kicks. He missed 14 overall, including PATs. Chase McLaughlin was claimed off waivers and he made 2 of 3 field goals and all three of his PATs against Tampa Bay.
Why Bet on New Orleans?New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees threw five touchdowns and added a rushing touchdown last Sunday in a 48-46 home loss to San Francisco. Brees has 11 career games with at least five touchdown passes, the most such games in NFL history. Brees became the fourth player in the Super Bowl era with five passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown in a single game, joining Mark Malone (Week 1, 1985), Aaron Rodgers (Week 7, 2019) and Mark Rypien (Week 11, 1991).
In this one, Brees can break Peyton Manning’s NFL record for career touchdown passes. Manning had 539 and Brees has 537. Since 1950, eight players have held the career mark, one of the game’s most hallowed records. With three touchdown passes on Monday, Brees will also reach 20 for the season, tying Manning with 16 such seasons in his career.
New Orleans wide receiver Michael Thomas, who leads the NFL with 121 receptions and 1,424 receiving yards this season, had 11 receptions for 134 yards and a touchdown in Week 14, marking his seventh game with at least 10 receptions in 2019. With at least 10 receptions against Indianapolis, Thomas would surpass Andre Johnson (seven games in 2008) and Wes Welker (seven in 2009) for the most games with at least 10 receptions in a season in NFL history.
However, New Orleans got some bad news this week as starting defensive end Marcus Davenport is done for the season. He will undergo foot surgery. Davenport, a first-round draft pick in 2018, also had foot surgery following his rookie season. He returned to start 13 games this season with six sacks, 16 quarterback hits and three forced fumbles.
Roster UpdatesThe Saints have signed veteran defensive end Noah Spence as a replacement for Davenport. Spence appeared in seven games for the Redskins this season, recording just one sack across 85 snaps. The Saints rank 13th in the NFL with 338.3 yards allowed per game, are tied for fourth with 43 sacks and fifth with 94.2 rushing yards allowed per game.
New Orleans also could be without tight end Jared Cook, who left the Niners loss with a concussion. Cook, who signed with the Saints in free agency this offseason, had started to come on during the second half of the season, with four TD catches over the past four games. He has six touchdowns on the season.
Colts vs Saints NFL Week 15 Betting Trends
- Saints are 15-5 SU in their last 20 games at home
- Saints are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played in December
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New Orleans’ last 6 games played on a Monday
- Colts are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games on the road
- Colts are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Indianapolis’ last 6 games
Expert Final Score Prediction for Colts vs SaintsIndianapolis Colts 21 – New Orleans Saints 30
More Week 15 NFL Betting News
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Week Fifteen DFS Picks (Ep. 641)
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- 2018 NFL Week 15 Early Betting Picks for Every Game
- NFL Week 15 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Can Jaguars Cover the Huge Week 15 NFL Spread Against Texans?
Even More Colts vs Saints Archived Betting Articles
- NFL Parlay Picks: Colts vs. Raiders and Saints vs. Eagles
- NFL Parlay Picks for Week 13 Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 10 ATS Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 8 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 4 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- 2020 NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 O/U Picks
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 15 in 2020
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- Colts 7 vs Saints 34 Result NFL Week 15 Score | Monday Night Football
- Colts vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 15 Betting Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- MyBookie Announces First-Ever Online SuperContest